ba_hamilton, Just to make sure that everything is clear please let me know what you have set for the followings:

MKB:
    1xVolumeUp=?
    2xVolumeUp=?
    3xVolumeUp=?

deUnblock:
    1xVolumeUp=?

And before you installed MKB, did you need 2 clicks on the VolumeUp key to unlock the device when the device was locked?
    09-18-11 09:41 PM
    So, the issue is when your phone is unlocked MKB overrides deUnblock causing deUnblock to do nothing?
    Also, wow that's an insecure app haha. Gunna download the trial and give it a run through on 9900/7.0.0.353.

And Vijik, sent you an email from juggalo20_2001@ not posting the rest publicly heh

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-11 09:43 PM
    So, the issue is when your phone is unlocked MKB overrides deUnblock causing deUnblock to do nothing?
    Also, wow that's an insecure app haha. Gunna download the trial and give it a run through on 9900/7.0.0.353.

And Vijik, sent you an email from juggalo20_2001@ not posting the rest publicly heh

I think you will find that deUnblock is a very secure, and fast, way to unlock your phone because there are an infinite number of combinations you can use. It would be virtually impossible for someone to guess the combination.

I'm not sure that MKB overrides deUnblock because deUn only works when the phone is locked.

MKB seems to work very well on OS 5.0. I've become very attached to this app.
    09-18-11 09:58 PM
    I think you will find that deUnblock is a very secure, and fast, way to unlock your phone because there are an infinite number of combinations you can use. It would be virtually impossible for someone to guess the combination.

I'm not sure that MKB overrides deUnblock because deUn only works when the phone is locked.

MKB seems to work very well on OS 5.0. I've become very attached to this app.
    This app? http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/44077 the trial doesn't support combinations, at least not on 9900/7.0.0.353. Basically press any convience key 5 times and it'll unlock at some point. Annnyways, I don't know if I understand your problem. The only potential issue I can see, I can see is when using deUnblock to unlock my phone it also launches whatever I have MKB set to do.
    Example:
    DeUnblock: Volume down 3 times - launch nothing after unlock
    MKB: Volume down 3 times - IM+ Pro
    Lock phone, press volume down 3 times, phone unlocks and launches IM+ Pro.

Last edited by Juggalo20; 09-18-11 at 10:17 PM.
    09-18-11 10:13 PM
    ba_hamilton, Just to make sure that everything is clear please let me know what you have set for the followings:

MKB:
    1xVolumeUp=?
    2xVolumeUp=?
    3xVolumeUp=?

deUnblock:
    1xVolumeUp=?

And before you installed MKB, did you need 2 clicks on the VolumeUp key to unlock the device when the device was locked?
    I do not have anything set for the VolumeUp key in MKB

I have deUnblock set at 2xVolumeUp. I had it set that way before I installed MKB. haha. Now that the whole world knows how to unlock my phone I am going to have to change it to something else. I have 5 different media keys and convenience keys to choose from and I can choose from 1 to 5 clicks on any key. So it is quite a secure app. Someone who takes my phone and doesn't know would try to enter a password on the virtual keyboard because that pops up asking for a password. And since it uses the native lock function of BB, after 10 tries the phone would automatically be wiped.

That reminds me, it's been a while, must go back up my phone now.
    09-18-11 10:15 PM
    Now that the whole world knows how to unlock my phone I am going to have to change it to something else.
    Lol.

I will make your convenient login more secure with combination of MediaKeyBooster+ShortcutMe.

09-19-11 08:47 AM
    Can someone with license for both MKB and ShortcutMe do the following test for me:

1- Set one of the mediakeybooster key settings (let's say 2xVolumeDown) to launch LIN in ShortcutMe.

2- create the following shortcut:
    --AppName: Macro
    --Parameter:
    --Macros: EscKey;navClick;delay100;navClick;PasswordKey****; ENTERKey;
    --Display Name: Log In
    --Shortcut Chars:LIN
    --Strokes:
    --Color: Default

(Replace **** with your BB password. If you want you can encrypt the password in MacroEditor of ShortcutMe)

3- Lock the BB and click VolumeDown key twice.

4- Let me know if you get loged in

09-19-11 08:53 AM
    Can someone with license for both MKB and ShortcutMe do the following test for me:

1- Set one of the mediakeybooster key settings (let's say 2xVolumeDown) to launch LIN in ShortcutMe.

--Parameter:
    --Strokes:

(Replace **** with your BB password. If you want you can encrypt the password in MacroEditor of ShortcutMe)

That worked perfectly! Tested it with no dialog open. Opened the "Device is locked" dialog, and the actual password entry dialog. Your macro worked perfect in each case. I switched it up after test though, because I'm going to forget that's there (while still testing) haha

If0 IsLocked;
    Then0;
    EscKey;navClick;delay100;navClick;PasswordKey***; ENTERKey;
    Else0;
    Stop;
    EndIf0

using
    9900/7.0.0.353
    ShortcutMe_Touch 5.8.2.0
    MediaKeyBooster 1.3.2.1

Last edited by Juggalo20; 09-19-11 at 01:58 PM.
    09-19-11 01:53 PM
    Lol.

I will make your convenient login more secure with combination of MediaKeyBooster+ShortcutMe.

--Parameter:
    --Strokes:

Ahhh, this looks awesome. I've been keeping an eye on ShortcutMe ever since it first came out but I've never pulled the plug and purchased this app. This just might make me make that leap.
    09-19-11 01:55 PM
    Ahhh, this looks awesome. I've been keeping an eye on ShortcutMe ever since it first came out but I've never pulled the plug and purchased this app. This just might make me make that leap.
    It wouldn't harm if you take control of your BB with macros in ShortcutMe.

When I said I will make convenience login more secure, I had this in mind
    (Now that Juggalo20 has kindly confirmed that this is working):

I will add a new setting in MediaKeyBooster that allows you to combine key clicks.
    For example you can specify that
    2xVolumeDown + 1xVolumeUp can launch the auto login shortcut in ShortcutMe.

09-19-11 02:31 PM
    Don't know if you've seen this thread already but if not, take a look. ShortcutMe can make your life soo soo much easier.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-apps-f35/handy-shortcutme-5-0-macro-shortcuts-549683/
    If you need a macro for anything I can try to give you a hand till you get the hang of it heh

09-19-11 02:43 PM
    If0 IsLocked;
    Then0;
    EscKey;navClick;delay100;navClick;PasswordKey***; ENTERKey;
    Else0;
    Stop;
    EndIf0

Nice additional macros (if0 IsLocked;...).

Based on this test, the guys on 'Handy ShortcutMe 5.0 macros' should know that 'Key' and 'PasswordKey' macros do work on BB log-in window.
    09-19-11 03:21 PM
    MediaKeyBooster 1.4 is ready on the beta link.

New in 1.4 comparing to 1.3.2.1:

- Added a menu option in the main config page called "Home Screen Icon?".
    If you want to have an icon in the BB home screen to open the MediaKeyBooster (instead of 5+ clicks of the media key) you can download use this menu option to download the icon.

- If you try to add a known always-running-app to the Blacklisted App List, a warning panel let you know that you should consider adding _FG to the app name.

- Minor changes in the UI.
    09-19-11 03:39 PM
    MediaKeyBooster 1.4 is ready on the beta link.

New in 1.4 comparing to 1.3.2.1:

- Added a menu option in the main config page called "Home Screen Icon?".
    If you want to have an icon in the BB home screen to open the MediaKeyBooster (instead of 5+ clicks of the media key) you can download use this menu option to download the icon.

- If you try to add a known always-running-app to the Blacklisted App List, a warning panel let you know that you should consider adding _FG to the app name.

- Minor changes in the UI.
    MediaKeyBooster 1.4 on 9900/7.0.0.353
    upgrade from 1.3.2.1 -> 1.4 = success
    1.4 clean install = success

The prompt for adding an "always running" app to the blacklist works fine, but i think there ought to be a "yes/no" prompt (default to yes) for auto adding _FG. Simply for ease of use for people who may not take the time to understand what _FG is.

If you use the "add to blacklist" button, and the last app in your Blacklist already contains a ; it will add another in front of the new app
    Code:
    Example:
    Blacklist: TuneIn Pro;Phone_FG;
    select "Add app to the list" button
    select an app
    Blacklist: TuneIn Pro;Phone_FG;;Canadian Weather
    this doesn't seem to effect performance, looks like this is just a cosmetic thing. I'm not sure if this happened in earlier versions, I'll check 1.3.2.1.

The downloading of the icon works. and the icon it's self also works.
    _FG still works, stopping macros using "stopmacro" still works... and that's about all i can think of testing. let me know if i missed something.

if you want to add more to the list of "always running" you can add Canadian_Weather (module name)

Moving on to testing 8330/5.0.0.438 now...

Update
    Still cant launch "Lock". Even with alternative launches (*,#,_BG)

Update #2
    The double ; when using the "Add App To List" button, I mentioned earlier does exist in 1.3.2.1
    Last edited by Juggalo20; 09-19-11 at 05:10 PM.
    09-19-11 04:44 PM
    Thank you for testing.

I will fix ';' and 'Lock' bug.
    09-19-11 07:40 PM
    Thank you for testing.

I will fix ';' and 'Lock' bug.
    i have two bugs i'm currently testing on all versions (1.3.1.0 1.3.2.1 and 1.4) half way done testing the first bug, then need to run through the second bug with 2 different restore files (one from 1.3.1.0 and one from 1.4 ... sorry but I dont think i have time right now to test with a restore file from 1.3.2.1. So i just picked the oldest and the newest) So hold off on a new beta... unless you don't see this until you've got a new beta posted :P
    09-19-11 07:46 PM
    9900/7.0.0353
    sorry for finding this a little late, I've always just registered the app immediately after install to test other things, and never actually looked at the options after restore.
    I used a restore file created on 1.3.1.0_Touch and then redid all the tests using one from 1.3.2.1_Touch.

bug: after doing a clean install, restoring settings from SDCard puts the license number in the license field but does not register the app when exiting. Reopening the Config page shows the license key but still does not register.

Restore file from 1.3.1.0_Touch:
    in 1.3.1.0_Touch: bug exists, Reboot (battery pull) without fixing registration erased all my restored info.
    1.3.2.0_Touch: i don't have anymore.
    in 1.3.2.1_Touch: bug exists, Reboot (battery pull) without fixing registration erased all my restored info.
    in 1.4_Touch: bug exists, reboot/battery pull fixed

Restore file from 1.4_Touch:
    1.3.1.0_Touch: Bug exists, Reboot (battery pull) fixed (confusing result... i double checked this one)
    1.3.2.1_Touch: Bug exists, Reboot (battery pull) fixed (this is getting really confusing)
    1.4_Touch: Bug exists, Reboot (battery pull) fixed (I'm so confused)

Very confusing results. I retested the 4.1 configs a few times, but I'm going to retest everything :/ this just doesn't make sense to me. Also, there's a typo in the "invalid license" screen. First word, second paragraph.

since it's just for testing purposes, the restore file only contained my license key, and VolumeDown one time, two times, three times, and four times.
    Exact steps i used for testing:
    Clean install of MediaKeyBooster, Volumedown 5 times to open config, menu key, restore settings, Escape key, VolumeDown 2 times. Reboot, VolumeDown 2 times.

there's another bug i ran into in regards to restoring configs with ShortcutMe_Touch selected as one of the media keys.
    I haven't had time to test every version yet. But originally i had ShortcutMe_Touch with paramater WLM assigned to VolumeDown 2x. When I'd do a clean install, and restore my config, if i opened the Setup Page for VolumeDown 2x it would say "Launchs: nothing". But if i actually pressed VolumeDown 2x, it would launch SCM with the parameter. Also, if i reopened the Setup Page For VolumeDown 2x, and selected ShortcutMe_Touch it would auto fill in the parameter "WLM"

I'm going to retest all the restoring configs for the license key (because that's just weird), then I'll test restoring configs that contain ShortcutMe_Touch...
    09-19-11 09:16 PM
    I just made a new version (1.4.0.2) that should address the bugs you have found:

- Lock should now lock the BB

- ';' will not be added to the Blacklisted App list (as Juggalo20 mentioned this is just a cosmetic thing and it doesn't cause any problem with that list)

- When restoring from uSD, your settings should be refreshed by the MKB
    09-19-11 09:52 PM
    I just made a new version (1.4.0.2) that should address the bugs you have found:

- Lock should now lock the BB

- ';' will not be added to the Blacklisted App list (as Juggalo20 mentioned this is just a cosmetic thing and it doesn't cause any problem with that list)

- When restoring from uSD, your settings should be refreshed by the MKB
    9900/7.0.0.353

Upgrading 1.3.0.1 -> 1.4.0.2 = success
    Upgrading 1.3.2.1 -> 1.4.0.2 = success
    Upgrading 1.4.0.0 -> 1.4.0.2 = success
    1.4.0.2 clean install = success

successfully launches "Lock" (thank you!)
    the double ; in the app list when using the button is fixed.
    app registers successfully when restoring configs

typo still exists in the invalid license screen.

Having some trouble getting 5.0 back on my 8330, but I should be able to test on there soonish.

update
    That missing ShortcutMe_Touch thing I mentioned before also still exists:
    When restoring config on 1.4.0.2:
    I have ShortcutMe_Touch with parameter WLM in my config for VolumeDown x 2. When I open the "Setup Page for 2 x Volume Down" after restore I get
    Launch: nothing. But! If I just press VolumeDown twice it successfully launches SCM with the correct parameter. Back in the "Setup Page for 2 x Volume Down" if I select ShortcutMe_Touch the parameter is automatically filled with WLM. Not really a big deal, since it does tecnically restore just fine.
    Last edited by Juggalo20; 09-19-11 at 11:24 PM.
    09-19-11 11:00 PM
    Juggalo20, thank you again for testing. Appreciate it a lot.

I forgot about the typo.
    I will fix that plus the not-refreshing-ShortcutMe-setting bug.
    09-20-11 04:37 AM
    Juggalo20, thank you again for testing. Appreciate it a lot.

I forgot about the typo.
    I will fix that plus the not-refreshing-ShortcutMe-setting bug.
    My pleasure I'm having fun with it to be honest. It's really made me appreciate the reboot time of the 9900 compared to how slow my 9780 was haha xD
    09-20-11 11:41 AM
    Juggalo20, can you email me (mkb at fonware dot ca) and let me know what the typo was in invalid key text?

09-27-11 06:07 AM
    MediaKeyBooster 1.4.0.3 is on the beta site ready to be downloaded.
    09-27-11 07:16 PM
    I just updated to version 1.4.1.0 from 1.2. The newest version is on Mobihand but I did not get an update notice about it. Posting this to let others know there may be an update available you are not aware of.
    10-02-11 01:29 AM
    I just updated to version 1.4.1.0 from 1.2. The newest version is on Mobihand but I did not get an update notice about it. Posting this to let others know there may be an update available you are not aware of.
    Thanks, mobihand's notification system seems to break down from time to time.
    10-02-11 01:55 AM
165 ... 34567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD