Please count me in as a beta tester as well!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-11 12:24 PM
    MediaKeyBooster 1.3.2.1 is now ready on the beta site.

It has a fix for the bug Juggalo20 found in 1.3.2.0 (beta version).

The name 'Media App' is also switched to 'Blacklisted Apps' (Let me know if you find anything still from 'Media App' era).
    09-15-11 03:18 PM
    9900/7.0.0.353 (B1672)
    upgrading:
    1.2 -> 1.3.2.1 = success
    1.3.1.0 -> 1.3.2.1 = success
    1.3.2.0 -> 1.3.2.1 = success
    1.3.2.1 clean install = success

initial testing shows that _FG works as well as the blacklist in general. Only been using it for about 30 minutes, but so far so good. Will let you know if I run into any problems.

update
    So right, I tried to change up some stuff in my config. Found that MediaKeyBooster cannot launch "lock" and it can only launch BBM Music with the _BG which only works if BBM Music is already running. Tested with 1.2, 1.3.1.0, 1.3.2.0, 1.3.2.1 on 9900/7.0.0.353. BBM Music isn't a big deal. I really didn't expect it to launch, since WLM and BBM both only work with _BG. However I would like "lock" to work if possible. I'm assuming it can since ShortcutMe can lock, if not that's ok though, not hard to make a new SCM shortcut and just have MKB launch that.
    Last edited by Juggalo20; 09-16-11 at 01:17 AM.
    09-15-11 09:34 PM
    Juggalo20,

Thank you for testing the new version and giving feedback.
    Because of your feedback and my own tests on all new BB models with OS7, I felt comfortable enough to release this new version (1.3.2.1)

Many existing users running 1.2 asked for something similar to Blacklisted App List and now they can upgrade to this new version from the store and avoid being disturbed by this app when they play other media apps than the original Media Player.

I will take a look at how Lock and BBM_Music are being launched by the app.

09-16-11 07:13 AM
    Sweet deal man. Also really like how you went back to "lock" and "pause" instead of X1 X2. I could never remember which was which. ^_^

09-16-11 07:34 AM
    Sweet deal man. Also really like how you went back to "lock" and "pause" instead of X1 X2. I could never remember which was which. ^_^
    'Lock' and 'Pause' are fine for new BB models running OS 7, but on old BB models with OS 6 or earlier, their name might not be correct. I wait to get feedback from users with those old models before correcting the key names for those devices.

09-16-11 08:25 AM
    Do you guys think that having a BB System Menu option for opening this app is good enough or an icon in BB Home Screen is needed?

09-16-11 12:58 PM
    Well, for OS6 and OS7. When it comes to passive apps, I like Options -> Third Party Applications. Passive app being once it's configured there's no need to open it often, just does it's thing in the background. I never used OS5 so I don't know if that's available.

I think you ought to keep it the same for OS 5 6 and 7 though. So if Options -> Third Party Applications is not available on OS 5 then I withdraw my opinion.

09-16-11 01:02 PM
    MediaKeyBooster also runs on BB OS 4.3+
    I don't think that OS 4 had 3rd party app options.

In addition, I have plans to allow MediaKeyBooster to run its own macros in ShortcutMe and that requires easier access to the app than through BB Options.

09-16-11 07:15 PM
    4.3 you say... i'll fire off an email to MobiHand and get my license key switched over to my 8330 and test. I cant remember off hand but I am pretty sure the 8330 runs 4.3+. I have 2 licenses anyways and only one phone in use so... yeah I'll get on that.

I'd go with using a home screen icon then (please). The system menu gets can get pretty congested already. ShortcutMe's 10 options, plus if people have an app like MenuFo which allows you to add almost anything you can think of (time, date, PIN, pretty much anything informative that you can think of).. my system menu already has 26 items when viewing Message and I think i only have 2 items from 3rd party apps.

update
    email sent, 8330's running 4.5.x. Let's just hope someone actually works at MobiHand, already sent them an email a week ago trying to change a pin associated with an app, never got a response.. -_-
    Last edited by Juggalo20; 09-16-11 at 07:43 PM. Reason: update
    09-16-11 07:25 PM
    I would like to sign up for the beta testing. I have a Torch 9810 with Os7 and a Bold 9650 with OS6. Don't use the 9650 anymore but it's there.

As for whether MediaKeyBooster needs access through 3rd party apps or its own icon, I think it would help a lot with one of them. I would rather have the option under 3rd party apps to minimize the number of icons. Though I understand that older OSs don't have that and can appreciate making it uniform for ease of use.
    09-16-11 09:33 PM
    MediaKeyBooster also runs on BB OS 4.3+
    I don't think that OS 4 had 3rd party app options.

In addition, I have plans to allow MediaKeyBooster to run its own macros in ShortcutMe and that requires easier access to the app than through BB Options.

I got MobiHand to switch my license over to my 8330's PIN, that means I can beta test for OS 4.3, 4.5, 5.0 and 7.0 now

Do I install the beta for 5.x for OS 4.3 and 4.5? or is there just no beta available for 4.3 and 4.5?
    09-18-11 04:57 PM
    I would like to sign up for the beta testing. I have a Torch 9810 with Os7 and a Bold 9650 with OS6. Don't use the 9650 anymore but it's there.

As for whether MediaKeyBooster needs access through 3rd party apps or its own icon, I think it would help a lot with one of them. I would rather have the option under 3rd party apps to minimize the number of icons. Though I understand that older OSs don't have that and can appreciate making it uniform for ease of use.
    Send email to mkb at fonware dot ca.
    09-18-11 05:56 PM
    I got MobiHand to switch my license over to my 8330's PIN, that means I can beta test for OS 4.3, 4.5, 5.0 and 7.0 now

Do I install the beta for 5.x for OS 4.3 and 4.5? or is there just no beta available for 4.3 and 4.5?
    If you open the beta link (refresh your BB Browser) you should be able to see a new link where you can download MKB for non touch BBs running BB OS 4.x (good for your 8330)
    09-18-11 05:59 PM
    If you open the beta link (refresh your BB Browser) you should be able to see a new link where you can download MKB for non touch BBs running BB OS 4.x (good for your 8330)
    The link is there on the beta page, but it 404's if clicked
    09-18-11 06:03 PM
    The link is there on the beta page, but it 404's if clicked
    I just downloaded it from the link.
    Did you refresh browser page?
    09-18-11 06:25 PM
    I just downloaded it from the link.
    Did you refresh browser page?
    yeah, multiple times, i got it now though (took a closer look after you said it works), in the url it's a \MediaKeyBooster.jad if i change it to a /MediaKeyBooster.jad it works. Will test 4.3 now, 4.5 after that.

MediaKeyBooster 1.3.2.1 (Beta) clean install on 8330/5.0.0.438:
    100% success far as i can tell. I tested the blacklist (default media player, also PodTrapper) and the enable/ignore when blacklisted app is running. Tested _FG for the blacklist and that also worked. The "Pause" button is also accurately labeled in the config page, since the 8330 only has the "Volume Up" "Volume Down" and 1 other media key, the Pause button doubles as the lock button. Setting the Lock button has no effect in MKB.

I cant test upgrading from any other version though. MobiHand would be like "wtf?!" if i email them every day asking to switch my device version so i can get the official version for each OS.
    09-18-11 06:54 PM
    BB OS 7 (9900) didn't have any issue to run "\MediaKeyBooster".
    Anyway I corrected the link to "/MediaKeyBooster.jad", so others with older OS can still download.

Thanks for finding this link problem and also testing MKB on 8330.
    09-18-11 07:29 PM
    Don't know how my 8330 would have handled the link. It's not hooked up to the network. It's CDMA only, so it'd cost me $25 to switch over to it, then $25 to switch back :\ I'm just using BBSak to install the cod.

Annnyways
    MediaKeyBooster 1.3.2.1 (beta) on 8330/4.3.0.124 is fail. I cannot open the config page no matter how many times I hit the volume keys. Podtrapper and BBNotePad worked installing via BBSak so I don't think that's the problem. I also removed and reloaded the MKB cod 4 times. I've done multiple reboots no luck.

update
    Oh... The pause button works! I guess I hit it too slowly the other times? Or something....
    Ok, so pause works, volume up and volume down do not

Last edited by Juggalo20; 09-18-11 at 08:21 PM.
    09-18-11 08:14 PM
    When you installed it, did the BB OS asked you if you trusted the app?

09-18-11 08:20 PM
    When you installed it, did the BB OS asked you if you trusted the app?

No, but it didnt ask me for Podtrapper or BBNotePad either :| which i kinda found strange.

anyways, now that i can get to the config page. i can successfully configure the pause key, but assigning things to the volume keys doesn't work. the Blacklist works, and so does _FG though... so yay?

update
    Also, installed MKB using a jad (stored on device memory) so I could adjust permissions. They're all set to allow now, and I did a reboot. Still no luck with the volume keys.
    Last edited by Juggalo20; 09-18-11 at 08:40 PM.
    09-18-11 08:32 PM
    Not sure if i'm following all the issues here, but I downloaded the latest MKB and I have the down volume key set for two different actions. 2 clicks on the down volume key activates one program and 3 clicks activates a different program. The up volume key activates a different program that doesn't have anything to do with MKB.
    09-18-11 09:03 PM
    Not sure if i'm following all the issues here, but I downloaded the latest MKB and I have the down volume key set for two different actions. 2 clicks on the down volume key activates one program and 3 clicks activates a different program. The up volume key activates a different program that doesn't have anything to do with MKB.
    Ok, so, you've configred MediaKeyBooster to run 1 application when you press Volume Down twice, and a different application when you press Volume Down three times. But when you press Volume Up once a differnet application starts, but you have not configured MediaKeyBooster to launch an app when pressing Volume Up one time?
    Am I correct?

Do you have any other applications installed that allow you to assign apps to your media keys? Six Tools perhaps? ExtraKeys?

09-18-11 09:09 PM
    I am trying to find the problem when MKB runs on BB OS 4.3
    Juggalo20, send me an email to mkb at fonware dot ca
    09-18-11 09:29 PM
    Ok, so, you've configred MediaKeyBooster to run 1 application when you press Volume Down twice, and a different application when you press Volume Down three times. But when you press Volume Up once a differnet application starts, but you have not configured MediaKeyBooster to launch an app when pressing Volume Up one time?
    Am I correct?

Do you have any other applications installed that allow you to assign apps to your media keys? Six Tools perhaps? ExtraKeys?

Yes sir. I have deUnblock that you can configure to use the media keys and the convenience keys. The way deUnblock works is much the same way MKB works but deUnblock only does one function, of course.

So 2 clicks down brings up the browser, 3 clicks down brings up Tapatalk. When the phone is locked, 2 clicks on the volume up will unlock my phone. When the phone is unlocked, the up volume key does nothing because I have not assigned it a MKB function.
    09-18-11 09:35 PM
165 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD