is there a demo of this app? Im not buying it if i dont try it
    09-13-11 05:28 PM
    is there a demo of this app? Im not buying it if i dont try it
    There's a trial button on CrackBerry (mobihand) http://software.crackberry.com/productMobile.asp?id=693664&section=

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-13-11 05:52 PM
    This app had a trial version when it was first introduced.
    But there is no trial version available for it after it was released.
    The reason is that it is not expensive (costs only 99 cents) and maintaining a trial version is "expensive" for me.

'Trial' button on Mobihand & Channels sites is probably not functional.

09-13-11 06:18 PM
    What BB model do you have and what key (Mute, Play/Stop) brings up X1, X2 in MKB on your BB?

I plan to add customizable name for X1 and X2.

09-13-11 07:41 PM
    Bold 9900
    X1 is the lock button (can't use)
    X2 is the play/mute button
    09-13-11 07:58 PM
    Bold 9900
    X1 is the lock button (can't use)
    X2 is the play/mute button
    Thanks.
    FYI: You can set and use 2x and 4x clicks of Lock key (after 2x and 4x clicks the BB goes to the same state (Mute/Lock) as before).

Last edited by Vijik; 09-13-11 at 08:32 PM.
    09-13-11 08:26 PM
    This app had a trial version when it was first introduced.
    But there is no trial version available for it after it was released.
    The reason is that it is not expensive (costs only 99 cents) and maintaining a trial version is "expensive" for me.

'Trial' button on Mobihand & Channels sites is probably not functional.

Ah ok. Well not much need for a trial. Like you said the app is cheap, and anyone who finds this thread can see both the satisfaction of users and your dedication to fixing problems and implimenting feature requests.

09-13-11 08:56 PM
    Vijik:
    When I'm making a phonecall that has a wait in it, while the dialog is open (waiting for me to initiate the rest of the entry) MKB still triggers if I try to adjust the call volume,

Example: +1-555-555-5555W2535#
    The W(ait) opens a prompt, with "2535#" "skip" "end call". Trying to adjust the volume while that is open triggers MKB. Cannot use the "show background apps" because "Phone" is always going to be active. I have no idea if there's anything that can be entered into the blacklist that'll fix.

Using MediaKeyBooster 1.3.1.0 (Beta) on 9900/7.0.0.353

Last edited by Juggalo20; 09-14-11 at 12:04 AM.
    09-14-11 12:01 AM
    Sounds like I have to allow users to specify that an app on Media List is only used if that app is in the foreground.
    That way you can add Phone app to the list (something like adding 'Phone###' to the list)?

09-14-11 09:33 AM
    I think instead of ###, perhaps _FG? Something familar for people, since _BG is used in all your apps for background.

09-14-11 09:55 AM
    I think instead of ###, perhaps _FG? Something familar for people, since _BG is used in all your apps for background.
    Very good idea.
    '_FG' it is.

09-14-11 10:28 AM
    [EDIT: If you upgrade to this version, do not delete the app, just upgrade]

MediaKeyBooster 1.3.2.0 is ready on the beta link.

If an app name in the Media App List ends with _FG, that app is seen by MKB as a media app only if it is in the foreground.

To add an app like that, use "Add App to the List" button and then when the name is added to the list, manually add _FG to the name of that app in the media list.
    Last edited by Vijik; 09-14-11 at 11:39 PM.
    09-14-11 06:37 PM
    MediaKeyBooster 1.3.2.0 is ready on the beta link.

If an app name in the Media App List ends with _FG, that app is seen by MKB as a media app only if it is in the foreground.

To add an app like that, use "Add App to the List" button and then when the name is added to the list, manually add _FG to the name of that app in the media list.
    tested 1.3.2.0 on 9900/7.0.0.353. _FG works perfectly, thank you. Might I suggest that you add Phone_FG to the default blacklist. Also, i agree with gbsn that "blacklist" might be a better term than "Media App list" since any app can be added, not just media ones.

Just because I wanted to give a full test to 1.3.2.0 I completely uninstalled MediaKeyBooster (and rebooted), and then tried to install the beta. It installed fine but I cannot open the config page, switch application menu shows MKB is open, but if i select it.... my screen just freezes up until i switch applications to something else. Tried setting all permissions to allow and rebooting, same thing.
    09-14-11 09:14 PM
    Love this app. Was involved in the initial testing of it. Bought it. But decided to sit out this round of testing. Patiently waiting for you guys to release the latest.
    09-14-11 11:04 PM
    Juggalo20,

After I saw your post, I spent the last 3 hours trying to find out why it crashes after a Delete/Re-install, but So far I haven't found anything.

A question: When you upgraded to previous beta versions, did you also tried the same thing (deleting the app, installing it again)?
    I just try to find out in which beta version this bug is created.
    09-14-11 11:43 PM
    No I didn't this is the first beta I tried a clean install. If you post the other versions I'll try them all

09-14-11 11:53 PM
    This is what I have found about this bug on V1.3.2.0:

If you upgrade from any version to 1.3.2.0 you are fine as long as you don't delete and re-install 1.3.2.0
    If you do delete 1.3.2.0, the only way to get it to work again is to install V1.3.1.0 and then (if you want) upgrade to 1.3.2.0

Juggalo20, I have therefore put V1.3.1.0 on the beta link (Just add
    \1310
    to the end of the beta link) so that you can get your app back (install 1.3.1.0 and then upgrade to 1.3.2.0 from the beta link).

I still work on finding the bug itself.
    09-15-11 04:56 AM
    Thanks man. So you've been able to reproduce it then?
    Also, when you mentioned "upgrade from any version" that reminded me that I'd totally spaced out on trying to upgrade the latest stable version. I grabbed version 1.2 from App World, tried to upgrade to 1.3.2.0 and I'm getting the same error. Where it just hangs. I can upgrade 1.2 -> 1.3.1.0 just fine though. And then 1.3.1.0 -> 1.3.2.0

09-15-11 05:46 AM
    Yes, I could reproduce it.

So upgrade from any version to 1.3.1.0 and then to 1.3.2.0 is fine.
    But 1.2>1.3.2.0 is not okay.

Another new info that hopefully will help me to find the bug.

Last edited by Vijik; 09-15-11 at 06:12 AM.
    09-15-11 06:03 AM
    Seems so. If you wanna put up any other versions, I'll test them all upgrading to 1.3.2.0.

09-15-11 06:13 AM
    Seems so. If you wanna put up any other versions, I'll test them all upgrading to 1.3.2.0.
    Thank you for the offer. But it is not necessary. (I did test upgrading to 1.3.2.0 from all those versions I kept after the 1.2 release).
    Besides I just found the bug and it is now fixed (still working on few other changes before I put the new version on the beta site).

It looks like that the bug is more BB OS related. I just found a (bizarre) way to avoid it.

09-15-11 07:02 AM
    Great to hear ... Well never great when the OS is to blame, but great that you found a way around it ^_^

09-15-11 07:10 AM
    When I see how many things can go wrong in apps smaller than 100KB, then I admire RIM for developing and maintaining a world class secure OS several Megabytes big.

The only issue is that when and if it is a bug in BB OS, it takes he** lot more time to find the problem and a solution.
    Last night I changed everything that I thought could be the reason for the bug you found but couldn't fix it.
    Today, I, peace by peace, changed back every changes that I had done in 1.3.2.0 comparing to 1.3.1.0.
    That was when I found the unexplainable workaround.

Anyway, I am changing the Media App List to Blacklisted App List as gbsn and you have suggested.
    (1.3.2.1 will be on the beta site as soon as I am done doing small changes/tests. Let you guys know).

Last edited by Vijik; 09-15-11 at 07:40 AM.
    09-15-11 07:37 AM
    Wow man that sounds tedious
    Next beta I promise to test 100% fully before post anything :P

09-15-11 08:23 AM
    Wow man that sounds tedious
    Next beta I promise to test 100% fully before post anything :P
    You already did a very good job.
    The bug you found could be like a ticking bomb going off at various times depending on when a user did a delete/re-install for the app.

09-15-11 10:17 AM
165 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD