MediaKeyBooster 1.3.2.1 is now released on Mobihand & Channel stores (incl. CrackBerry store) and App World

About MediaKeyBooster:

- Allows you to assign up to 4 applications (or 4 shortcuts in ShortcutMe) to EACH of the media keys on your BlackBerry (up to 16 shortcuts assigned to 4 media keys).

- Has Alternative Launching methods (can launch apps that usually doesn't launch using the standard launching methods)

- Extremely small program (26 KB)

- Enable/Disable each shortcut: You can enable or disable each of the shortcuts to launch or not launch when Media Player is on.

- Avoid accidental launch of programs. If the program you have assigned to (one click of) a media key launches accidentally, you can disable it and instead use double, triple, or quadruple clicks launching of that media key).

- Allows you to specify all media apps on your BB

- Store/restore settings on/from micro SD card.

- Can launch a shortcut in ShortcutMe

- Can directly launch a shortcut in ShortcutMe

- Can be used to stop macros in ShortcutMe (Double Mute Key Click can be set to stop macros in ShortcutMe)

- Runs also on devices that have 4 media keys (Volume_Down, Volume_Up, Mute, Play/Stop)

- Runs on all BB models running OS 7, 6.x, and 5.x

MedieKeyBooster is on sale for $0.99 (on Mobihand & Channels, incl. CrackBerry store)
    Last edited by Vijik; 09-19-11 at 03:25 PM.
    08-21-11 04:23 PM
    MediaKeyBooster is now also available on App World.

Those CB users who has contributed to testing macros and requesting new macro feature on "Handy ShortcutMe 5.0 Macros" can get a free license if they post here and send email to mkb at fonware dot ca (include your CB Username).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-11 10:11 AM
    Can't wait to check this out. Six Tools does not work when the Media Player is active. That's why I want to give it a try. Thanks man.
    08-26-11 12:46 PM
    Can't wait to check this out. Six Tools does not work when the Media Player is active. That's why I want to give it a try. Thanks man.
    Send email to mkb at fonware dot ca to get your %100 discount coupon.

When you go to mobihand.com on your BB browser, is this app available for purchase?
    I think some users are not able to find this app on mobihand & channels because of a unsuccessful device matching.

wkaneh3 likes this.
    08-26-11 01:08 PM
    IT shows up in the Mobihand App for me when I search for it.
    08-26-11 02:04 PM
    Man, I love this app. My concern is with the new phones coming out. Doesn't the 9850 have only one media key. There are going to be some things I miss on my S2 when I get a new phone.
    08-26-11 02:10 PM
    IT shows up in the Mobihand App for me when I search for it.
    Thanks. What BB model do you have?

08-26-11 02:15 PM
    Man, I love this app. My concern is with the new phones coming out. Doesn't the 9850 have only one media key. There are going to be some things I miss on my S2 when I get a new phone.
    9850 (and 9860) has 4 media keys (Volume Up, Volume Down, a (very very) small Start/Stop key between the Volume keys, and a Mute key on top).
    But it only has one convenience key. If you are concerned about conv key, then KeyBooster (only on App World), or ShortcutMe can be used to boost the only conv key on that device.

ba_hamilton likes this.
    08-26-11 02:19 PM
    Vijik, you are too kind. I appreciate it. I will email you and give away a copy maybe on twitter or something. I'm going to buy a copy though.
    08-26-11 02:59 PM
    To answer your question, I don't see it on Mobihand from the BB.
    08-26-11 03:35 PM
    Found it on the computer, however.
    08-26-11 03:57 PM
    Mobihand says this isn't compatible with Torch 9800... is it possible to buy for the 9800 on mobihand? Thanks!
    08-26-11 05:14 PM
    It is not in the compatible list (mobihand's), which is weird, i think vijik forgot to include it, considering pretty much every other device is on it and the title says it supports the 9800. I just changed the device model in mobihand to the 9700 for previewing, added it to the cart and bought it. It works fine on the 9800.
    Last edited by gbsn; 08-29-11 at 08:40 PM.
    08-27-11 12:10 AM
    Thank you all for letting me know.

9800 and 9930 were not listed as supported devices even that the app runs also on those models. It is corrected now.
    08-28-11 11:17 PM
    I need some beta testers to test a new version (1.3) of MediaKeyBooster.

Let me know if you have time to test.

You should have a BB running OS 5.x or newer (MediaKeyBooster runs on BB OS 4.3+ but for this beta only, I have only 5.x+ versions) and you should own a license for MediaKeyBooster.
    09-08-11 10:31 PM
    I have a license for keybooster, but I'm not sure if that's the same app as mediakeybooster.

09-08-11 10:33 PM
    Would you please add the ability to disable when BBM Music is running? And perhaps PodTrapper while you're at it?

If not that's cool..
    +1
    Juggalo20 and joesworld, MediaKeyBooster 1.3 (still in beta) addresses your request (in another thread about MediaKeyBooster). Do you want to beta test?
    09-08-11 10:36 PM
    I have a license for keybooster, but I'm not sure if that's the same app as mediakeybooster.
    They are not the same. KeyBooster boosts the convenience key (3 apps assigned to one conv key), while MediaKeyBooster boosts media keys (4 apps to each media key).

Send email to mkb at fonware dot ca. We can figure out how to proceed.
    09-08-11 10:39 PM
    Juggalo20 and joesworld, MediaKeyBooster 1.3 (still in beta) addresses your request (in another thread about MediaKeyBooster). Do you want to beta test?
    I'd love to ^_^

09-09-11 01:42 AM
    I would like to test it for you, but unfortunately I don't know have a license key for it

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    09-09-11 01:46 AM
    I would like to test it for you, but unfortunately I don't know have a license key for it

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

It's only 99 cents from the CrackBerry (mobihand) store. And it's definitely worth it. from CrackBerry (MobiHand)

99 cents from App World also.
    from App World

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Juggalo20; 09-09-11 at 10:15 PM.
    09-09-11 01:50 AM
    I need some beta testers to test a new version (1.3) of MediaKeyBooster.

Let me know if you have time to test.

You should have a BB running OS 5.x or newer (MediaKeyBooster runs on BB OS 4.3+ but for this beta only, I have only 5.x+ versions) and you should own a license for MediaKeyBooster.
    Vijik, I can test for you.

09-09-11 10:05 PM
    I sent you guys the beta link.

What is new in this beta is that you can list all the apps that you see as media app so that Disable/Enable media key detection in MediaKeyBooster works based on your list of Media apps.
    (In the official version only BB's Media Player was seen as media app).

So if you have PodTrapper, BBM Music, or any internet radio, you should be able to list them as media app, and disable some or all of the multiclick launches of MediaKeyBooster.

The tricky part is to find the module name for those apps and enter them in the main setting page of MKB (opens when a media key is clicked 5 or more times)
    09-10-11 07:13 AM
    that sounds perfect Vijik . You missed me with the beta link though.
    09-10-11 12:32 PM
    hey vijik i bought a license for mediakeybooster and would like to test the app if it is possible
    09-10-11 02:10 PM
165 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD