FYI, latest version of Ascendo's DataVault isn't compatible with the Tour (I'm VZW). Actually, it won't even get past the registration sceen, register/register later.

This is a great app, so I signed up on the Ascendo site for their newsletter to keep an eye out for a Tour compatible version. I'll post here when it's available AND working.
    07-15-09 08:34 PM
    You can actually get it to work. I did with mine anyway. I completely uninstalled it from my tour. Then I went to the directory I installed it on my desktop and overwrite the .cod file in the 4.7 directory with the one from the 4.6 directory. Then use destktop manager to install it to your device. It works perfectly for me now. Did the same thing with ascendo money. I love their products and really didn't want to wait on them. Hope this helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-09 08:50 PM
    You can actually get it to work. I did with mine anyway. I completely uninstalled it from my tour. Then I went to the directory I installed it on my desktop and overwrite the .cod file in the 4.7 directory with the one from the 4.6 directory. Then use destktop manager to install it to your device. It works perfectly for me now. Did the same thing with ascendo money. I love their products and really didn't want to wait on them. Hope this helps.

Oooh, trying now!
    07-15-09 08:53 PM
    I actually used the device swap process to transfer DataVault from my Pearl to the Tour. Got a new Reg Key, registered, and then it said there was an update available, downloaded the update, and it is working great on the Tour. (Did have to do a sync from the laptop to get the data file onto the Tour however.)
    07-15-09 08:53 PM

Thanks for this, it worked!
    07-15-09 09:02 PM
    Your very welcome. So glad it worked for you as well.

07-15-09 09:18 PM
    Totally tickled that its working/sync'ing. Next to email, contacts, calendar and browser, this is one of my killer/must have apps.

Way too many web logins, credit card/banking info, etc to remember, too much brain clutter. I use to use Passwords Plus, then it went incompatible years ago and had to hand transfer everything over after many years. Was a good opp to prune.

It seems to me Ascendo will be around and continually develops their apps.
    07-15-09 09:31 PM
    I hope so because I am just like you and would go nuts without it. Have all my business logins and personal ones as well in there. Ascendo does an excellent job IMO.

07-15-09 09:38 PM

can you explain in a little more detail how you did this? I'm currently lost without ascendo money

Thanks!!!
    07-16-09 08:14 AM
    What I did to make it work is this

1. completely uninstall program from your blackberry
    2. Download and unzip software from Ascendo's website to your computer
    3. Go to the directory you unzipped to and inside the blackberry folder you will see different os directores. Delete the AscendoMoney.cod file found in the os_4.7 directory. Then goto the os_4.6 directory and copy the AscendoMoney.cod file there and paste it to the os_4.7 directory.
    4. Connect your blackberry and using desktop manager go to application loader. Click start on the Add/Remove Applications.
    5. It will give you a list of programs. In the bottom right you need to hit the browse button and goto the directory where you unzipped Ascendo Money. Select the AscendoMoney.alx file in the blackberry directory.
    6. Hit the next button in the bottom right of the desktop manager and it will install from there.
    07-16-09 09:27 AM
    Awesome, I REALLY appreciate it!!! cant wait to get home and load it.

i used to use splash money on my old treo and tried it again being ascendo wouldn't work and ascendo is WAAAYYY ahead of splash
    07-16-09 10:03 AM
    When i did the device switch Ascendo switched over and i just logged in as regular and all my info was available. I just added new info this morning. Weird that you guys would be having problems on the Tour.

Yes i know i have to and change my profile to Tour instead of curve : )
    07-16-09 10:41 AM
    What I did to make it work is this

1. completely uninstall program from your blackberry
    2. Download and unzip software from Ascendo's website to your computer
    3. Go to the directory you unzipped to and inside the blackberry folder you will see different os directores. Delete the AscendoMoney.cod file found in the os_4.7 directory. Then goto the os_4.6 directory and copy the AscendoMoney.cod file there and paste it to the os_4.7 directory.
    4. Connect your blackberry and using desktop manager go to application loader. Click start on the Add/Remove Applications.
    5. It will give you a list of programs. In the bottom right you need to hit the browse button and goto the directory where you unzipped Ascendo Money. Select the AscendoMoney.alx file in the blackberry directory.
    6. Hit the next button in the bottom right of the desktop manager and it will install from there.

Just wanted to say thanks again, got it working without a prob using your instructions.
    07-17-09 09:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD