Like the app, but not knowing which feeds I read or not has very confusing. Also, deleting feeds would be nice.

Could not get the following sites to load:
    BlackBerry Cool
    http://www.britsonpole.com/feed

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-09 02:05 PM
    Aww man. Looks like development has been abandoned on another promising app. And I had even paid the dollar for the google reader support.

08-15-09 01:57 AM
    Aww man. Looks like development has been abandoned on another promising app. And I had even paid the dollar for the google reader support.

I never paid for it, but really hoping that it's not gone. I'm on FreeRange, but with over 10 feeds and I really like it.

Unless we finally get the Viigo Lite that is coming.
    08-15-09 10:24 AM
    I never paid for it, but really hoping that it's not gone. I'm on FreeRange, but with over 10 feeds and I really like it.

Unless we finally get the Viigo Lite that is coming.
    Yeah I'm just waiting for a good viigo lite at this point.

08-15-09 06:05 PM
    If anybody is interested, I'm looking for a hand full of people who are willing to test the next release of Arr! SS. If you're interesting PIN msg me your email address, device type and service provider. The change log is available at http://www.infinityball.com/arrss-bl..._Changelog.txt and I'm continuously adding new features as I find that they're stable enough for testing.
    08-28-09 10:06 AM
    I would be willing, but I don't see your PIN anywhere!

If anybody is interested, I'm looking for a hand full of people who are willing to test the next release of Arr! SS. If you're interesting PIN msg me your email address, device type and service provider. The change log is available at http://www.infinityball.com/arrss-bl..._Changelog.txt and I'm continuously adding new features as I find that they're stable enough for testing.
    08-29-09 12:22 PM
    I would be willing, but I don't see your PIN anywhere!

I second that.

08-29-09 06:12 PM
    Check his profile!

08-29-09 10:30 PM
    Well I ponied up the 99 cents expecting to get something that handled google reader better than viigo... I was pretty disappointed. All this does is import your feeds, which is exactly what Viigo does (however, I am guessing that this app has the ability to stay up-to-date with your subscriptions). Also, you have to load each feed individually to see how many unread items you have (which, like viigo, is the first 10 or so items when the feeds are loaded for the first time). But the biggest disappointment was the fact that it didn't sync BACK with google reader, which is something I've been looking for forever (meaning, when you read an item in the app, its marked as "read" in google reader as well)

Ah well, maybe an update will fix all this

08-29-09 11:56 PM
    It seems like rrife is actively working on improving this application (check his website's changelog), I don't know if he'll be able to do full article read/unread sync with Google Reader or not (I think I read somewhere that Google's API might not allow article-level actions, but I might be wrong) but it already shapes up to be an interesting (BETA) alternative. I shelled out the 99c and signed up for the beta. We'll see how it goes.

...can't wait to uninstall FreeRange, if/when.
    08-30-09 12:39 AM
    I don't know if he'll be able to do full article read/unread sync with Google Reader or not (I think I read somewhere that Google's API might not allow article-level actions, but I might be wrong)
    There is an iPhone app that does 2-way syncing with Google Reader, called Byline... So I imagine it's do-able

IMO, Anything w/o 2-way syncing is a real pain to use. I have a LOT of subscriptions in google reader, and to open up an app that says I have 10 or so unread of everything, is just impossible to use.

Although I never understood why google never made a native Reader app for ANY mobile platform...

So yeah, hopefully the dev can look into it. Because I know I'm not the only one who is looking for this feature. I'm sure once it's added, it could easily make it the best RSS reader for BB
    08-30-09 01:28 AM
    If it supports google reader sync and bis-b, I'm sold!
    09-02-09 10:01 AM
    I am looking for an RSS reader for my Berry that syncs with Google Reader, so this could be it. Give me Google Reader 2-way sync so my FeedDemon (Windows) and Net News Wire (MacOS) can all be up to date with each other and I'm sold.

Not so keen on the name of the software though.
    09-02-09 10:25 AM
    Looks like a nice app..

PIN message sent...

thanks
    09-02-09 10:33 AM
    can it runs on BIS-B ?

it is really a good program coz its small in size unlike Viigo.. but i still cant download articles.. it says fetching and nothing happens. ive tried all connection settings but nothing works..

many thanks
    09-02-09 10:37 AM
    Hi RRife, I just added you to bbm to help you to beta test arrs. I'm a long time freerange user.

Best,
    Jaime
    09-02-09 10:49 AM
    Am I doing something wrong? When I click on the feed, I get a window with "Please wait..." then a button to click cancel. After the window disappears, nothing happens.
    09-02-09 12:13 PM
    RRife,

Thanks for the hookup. This app is FAST....
    Long time NewsGator user and was missing RSS on my device since they stopped the free service which synced the articles on my desktop and device..

The Google Reader integration works great. Had to switch to TCPIP to get it to work. Somehow did not work when I left the protocol selection to default.

Couple of feature requests (I'm sure others would have requested them already )
    1. Mark all articles read. This would help mark all articles read in a feed, rather than open each one
    2. Option for Stripes between multiple entries, so its easier to visually distinguish between different articles, similar to the email client.
    3. Option to change color / bold unread entries to distinguish what has been read

Now for a couple of Bugs
    I subscribe to 2 feeds on MSNBC.COM (World and US news). Both Feed titles show up as msnbc.com in the list. On the desktop they are listed as msnbc.com: U.S. news and msnbc.com: World news

I had read all articles in Google reader before I enabled sync in the BB Client, but when I selected Refresh All, it bought in articles (from today) that were already marked read on the server

Still need to check the Google two way sync if its in the 1.5.0 release

Thanks for a great product
    09-02-09 12:23 PM
    There is an iPhone app that does 2-way syncing with Google Reader, called Byline... So I imagine it's do-able

IMO, Anything w/o 2-way syncing is a real pain to use. I have a LOT of subscriptions in google reader, and to open up an app that says I have 10 or so unread of everything, is just impossible to use.

Although I never understood why google never made a native Reader app for ANY mobile platform...

So yeah, hopefully the dev can look into it. Because I know I'm not the only one who is looking for this feature. I'm sure once it's added, it could easily make it the best RSS reader for BB
    I would definitely pay for this! I'm a heavy google reader user and need something that syncs both ways...
    09-02-09 01:44 PM
    Does Arr! SS support images in the feeds or does it strictly display text?
    09-02-09 01:55 PM
    Am I doing something wrong when i try to add a feed it say fetching and then nothing happens after it stops
    09-02-09 02:06 PM
    Am I doing something wrong when i try to add a feed it say fetching and then nothing happens after it stops
    Exact same thing for me...neither the free nor the premium version is able to fetch my feeds.Help!
    09-02-09 02:12 PM
    Exact same thing for me...neither the free nor the premium version is able to fetch my feeds.Help!
    So same issue here, and I purchased the premium version too. No feeds work, not google reader, not manually added feeds, and not the built in crackberry or that other feed
    09-02-09 03:17 PM
    Thanks. I'll try it.
    09-02-09 05:22 PM
    Same as the others, no luck on the fetches.
    09-02-09 06:08 PM
250 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD