hold up, so has anyone had success fetching any feeds? i've tried using just basic URLs

ex. "www.wired.com"

and feed urls

ex. "http://www.wired.com/feeds/...."
    or
    "http://feed.wired.com/wired/feeds/rss"

and have had no success

everytime i try to get a new feed it says "fetching" then it stops and nothing happens. i've updated to the latest version as well and still no success.
    You're using the wrong feed url, use: "http://feeds.wired.com/wired/index"
    07-17-09 07:25 AM
    I should have mentioned that it took me about 2 minutes to download the wired feed...it appears to be loaded with HTML and advertisements.
    07-17-09 07:29 AM
    Same here...
    Did you try changing the connection settings in the options?
    07-17-09 09:09 AM
    How soon until image support is added?
    07-20-09 10:37 PM
    Did you try changing the connection settings in the options?
    Yes... I would love to get this app to work for me
    07-20-09 10:42 PM
    for some reason its not working for me. I am not receiving any feeds.
    07-22-09 04:54 PM
    I just posted v1.2.0 on Mobihand. This version adds some more connection options for users who were having problems getting Arr! SS to connect to the internet. Also adds HTML rendering and some other minor UI fixes.
    08-04-09 08:53 AM
    I just posted v1.2.0 on Mobihand. This version adds some more connection options for users who were having problems getting Arr! SS to connect to the internet. Also adds HTML rendering and some other minor UI fixes.
    So, does this mean we can see images in our RSS feeds? If so, I'll use it. What's the difference in the free and paid versions?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-09 09:26 AM
    Downloaded in and yes, you can get images! Will be moving feeds to it. Can we get the feed list in alphabetical order? Will post if I have any ideas or questions. Thanks for letting me get Viigo off my phone!

08-04-09 09:40 AM
    Does this one have Google Reader 2-way sync added?

08-04-09 09:43 AM
    Downloaded a trial of the newest version (1.2.0) and I can't open even the default feeds. Tried all the connection options, no luck
    08-04-09 10:00 AM
    Is there anyway to know which articles are read/unread? The ability to delete articles would be nice. I did have one question though. I have the tour theme forum on rss, and for some reason it's truncated after a few lines:

08-04-09 11:13 AM
    Downloaded in and yes, you can get images! Will be moving feeds to it. Can we get the feed list in alphabetical order? Will post if I have any ideas or questions. Thanks for letting me get Viigo off my phone!

I second that! Also, can we get it to keep the title and descriptions that we add when we first fetch the feed? I always hated when Viigo would revert back to the feeds title and description.

Great app BTW, keep up the good work.
    08-04-09 11:16 AM
    Yes why are some sites feeds trunctuated and others are not?

08-04-09 01:36 PM
    Still not working for me!

08-04-09 06:20 PM
    Some feeds are randomly not working, some are.

Suggestions:
    -article title in bold
    -running in the background with automatic updates
    -folder support (from google reader)

Other than that, I love this app! If it would just automatically update, it would replace viigo for me easy!

08-04-09 07:51 PM

Suggestions:
    -article title in bold

Other than that, I love this app! If it would just automatically update, it would replace viigo for me easy!

Article title in bold is a good one. Although, I wish it wouldn't run in the background. It manually updates when opened and does so very quickly..

08-04-09 11:32 PM
    Also, a backup solution to store url's when upgrading.

Upgraded last night and all my url's were gone!
    08-05-09 10:03 AM
    Still not working for me!

You probably will have to manually specific your APN settings.
    08-05-09 12:27 PM
    Also, a backup solution to store url's when upgrading.

Upgraded last night and all my url's were gone!
    The next release will preserve the settings from one version to the next....things were kind of changing too much to preserve the settings, but I think it's stable enough to where I can preserve the settings. I'm also adding some 2-way sync options for Google Reader and an option to use the SD card for cache (speeds things up considerably) as well as some other minor UI changes.
    08-05-09 12:29 PM

Suggestions:
    -article title in bold

Please send me any feeds that do not work so I can see what is going wrong....most often than not, it ends up being that the feeds is massive and the phone times out the connection.

I thought about having the app run in he background, but some RSS feeds are quite large and I'm pretty sure you'd notice when it was refreshing information. I am working on an option that will auto refresh the feeds while the app is running, so while reading one feed another will be downloading based the "update interval" set in the feed settings.

Folder/tag support *should* be available in the next release, it's a high priority item for me.
    08-05-09 12:33 PM
    So, does this mean we can see images in our RSS feeds? If so, I'll use it. What's the difference in the free and paid versions?

Paid one has support for Google Reader and some other minor options.
    08-05-09 12:34 PM

Next release will have the feeds sorted.
    08-05-09 12:34 PM
    Blackberrycool.com, blogs.blackberry.com, huffingtonpost.com

They're all not working. And I have the feed URLs right, I imported them from google reader.

08-05-09 12:45 PM
    Tried to manually put in the APN settings as per the advanced options from the BB menu:
    APN server: orange.blackberry.net
    and nothing for user name and password. Still can't get it working. Not given up yet though!

08-05-09 12:46 PM
250 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD