When I delete my archived apps, I reboot the phone and its gone which is good. The problem I have is that app world has also vanished and I have to download it again. Is this normal?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-10 04:32 PM
    this was happening to me also. i found the way to delete apps is to do it through your my world in the app world. hope it helps
    02-23-10 04:35 PM
    yep. the BB ties the archived app to appworld, and deleting the app deletes appworld. Reinstalling appworld also reinstates the archived app. Deleting from "my world" will get rid of it for you.
    02-23-10 04:48 PM
    In my world they still sit there as uninstalled. There isn't an option to delete fully. Is there anyway to get rid?

02-23-10 05:03 PM
    App World is finicky at best. Sometimes my deleted apps archive, other times they don't. The last one I tried to delete archived and I was unable to delete it. I decided to do a battery pull to try and get rid of it.

It worked... unfortunately App World went along with it! LOL
    02-23-10 08:00 PM
    In my world they still sit there as uninstalled. There isn't an option to delete fully. Is there anyway to get rid?

App world > my world > press and hold alt and type R S T

02-23-10 08:14 PM

Press ALT 3 4 (

worked for me
    02-23-10 08:14 PM
    To update the status of your apps in App World, just go to the My World screen and press Alt R S T (keep your finger on Alt while pressing R, then S, then T).

This will close App World, clear the cache, and update the status of your deleted apps
    02-23-10 08:18 PM
    yep deleting apps causes app world to disappear sometimes.
    02-23-10 08:20 PM
    yep deleting apps causes app world to disappear sometimes.
    Deleting apps from the application list, instead of from My World, will cause App World to disappear after a reboot.
    02-23-10 08:23 PM
    Alt RST worked a treat. Thanks guys

02-24-10 01:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD