So i downloaded appworld to my bb last night. i have no data plan on my bb and for some reason i was able to get onto appworld and download some free apps. not sure if this has happened to anyone before. it sucks tho because i can no longer get onto it.
    04-10-10 09:39 PM
    AppWorld can be installed and run with no official data plan. Usually, though, if you have no data plan you'll need Wifi connected. In some cases, depending on your carrier, it can use a direct tcp/ip data connection for which you will be charged later.
    04-10-10 09:44 PM
    the thing is tho. i have my data blocked under my carrier account and i had wifi enabled
    04-10-10 09:52 PM
    oh wow i think i found a way to work around the no data plan thing to used appworld. so i basically used the two files from the forums somewhere to put appworld into my bb using crackutil. after all that was done, i then went to this link

"bbsgame.mobi/thread-6194-1-3.html"

downloaded the 4.7 one and replaced it over the older version of appworld. having wifi on, i was then able to access appworld.

i'm not sure if it would occur any data charges, but know that i have data blocked with my carrier(called in and told them to block my data) so i have no idea what would happen until my next bill. everything in my TCP/IP settings is also blank if that helps.
    Last edited by DRGN89; 04-10-10 at 10:06 PM.
    04-10-10 09:59 PM
    If you're using Wifi, there should be no data charges.
    04-10-10 10:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD