I am employed with Best Buy and have a special employee plan that inlcudes unlimeted txt and data. Everything else on my phone works (gps, internet, email, ect) but because the service codes within my AT&T account are not the actual Blackberry Bundle plan, they are unable to push the correct Service Books to my device that would allow AppWorld or any other related software to install from RIM's website.

When I try to install via desktop or my device i get the error "Sorry, your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support BlackBerry App World." from BBs website. I have the Curve II 8900 which should no doubt be new enough to run the apps so i know it isn't the phone itself.

All i want to do is install the myspace and facebook apps... is there a way to get around this? Any MacGyver method I can attempt to install either of these apps manually?

Im getting desperate here... myspace sucks pretty hard core through MEdia Net
    07-20-09 10:24 PM
    I'm not sure about myspace, but just go to facebook.com from your blackberry. towards the bottom of the page, it'll say something about 'download facebook application' and download it from there. I'm not sure if it'll work without a BIS plan though. Hopefully someone else can help you out wth that part.
    07-20-09 10:45 PM
    I appreciate the response... im sure there isn't anything that can be done... I just think it's dumb for any company to release their software and force it to be distributed through the carrier :/
    07-20-09 11:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD