With all the problems we are having with appworld and the update tip coming from crackberry You would think we would have some kind of an explanation or at least tell the members who are having issues (there are many) what is going on and have they talked to rim about this problem..
    06-14-10 12:04 PM
    App World IS RIM.
    06-14-10 01:19 PM
    I think Vinny is just speaking about the tip being posted here on Crackberry and no further posts from CB as to the problems. It would be nice to see them fix the title of the App world post here on CB to say CAUTION icon will be removed if you upgrade. Just a little frustrating for all.
    06-14-10 01:54 PM
    With all the problems we are having with appworld and the update tip coming from crackberry You would think we would have some kind of an explanation or at least tell the members who are having issues (there are many) what is going on and have they talked to rim about this problem..
    I agree with you...CB could try to compel RIM with some sort of response since it does have a large user-base!
    06-14-10 02:22 PM
    I think Vinny is just speaking about the tip being posted here on Crackberry and no further posts from CB as to the problems. It would be nice to see them fix the title of the App world post here on CB to say CAUTION icon will be removed if you upgrade. Just a little frustrating for all.
    Bingo, I believe CB gave us the tip so figured they might be able to find out some imfo about the bug.
    06-14-10 02:31 PM
    CrackBerry is nothing to do with RIM and vice versa.

Crackberry's own SuperStore is in direct competion with BlackBerry AppWorld.

RIM would never talk to CracBerry on this issue.
    06-14-10 02:36 PM

Bummer. I know that Crackberry is here to help all. I understand they are in competition. I just thought it would be nice for CB to edit it's post so more BB users do not make the same download error and loose function. I will have to spend more time on the CB app store!
    06-14-10 02:42 PM
    "The best way to help with people's needs is to have someone else do it!"
    Last edited by jshuford; 06-14-10 at 04:06 PM.
    06-14-10 02:51 PM
    People helping people!
    06-14-10 03:00 PM

If that is the case then why would one of your employees put the update to appworld, "a store that you are in competition with". MMMMMMM just thinking. Crackberry is a forum that is supposed to help blackberry owners, not telling the forum members when they log on about a major problem from a tip your employees advocated for then that isn't helping the members, that is in fact hurting them and your forum. You should at least take the blog down about the appworld update and maybe just maybe try to find a possible fix to the problem. Having appworld down will obviously sell more apps for crackberry, if I didn't know better a very paranoid visitor to this forum might think you knew there was a bug and put the blog up for that reason. I know that isn't true but as I said a paranoid visitor might rush to judgement. God knows there are many paranoid forum visitors. Personally I am a huge fan of this site.
    06-14-10 03:09 PM
    I totally love this page! I got the updated version of the app world directly from my phone (My Wolrd), I was about to update some other app, the I saw there was an available update for the app world and then proceed to download, what happened? You guessed it...no icon!! Anyways, my first reaction was to go to the CB forums for some help, so far nothing, so I would believe I turn to CB for some HELP!! Among other cool stuff, so CB, please help and forget that the app world is your competitor! please...
    06-14-10 03:29 PM
    So weird that mine worked fine. The icon didn't disappear or even move on me.
    06-14-10 03:42 PM
    my update worked fine icon is alive and well is this just a problem with certain bb models and/or OS's ??
    06-14-10 03:54 PM
    At least Blackberry finally posted that they have acknowledged the problem....

Home screen icon disappears after an update to to BlackBerry App World 1.1.0.35
    Document ID: KB22944

Modified Date: 06-14-2010

Document Type: Support

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Products
    BlackBerry App World™

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Environment
    BlackBerry� Device Software 5.0
    BlackBerry App World™ storefront
    DT683824

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overview
    When an update is performed to BlackBerry App World 1.1.0.35, the BlackBerry App World icon disappears from the Home screen of the BlackBerry smartphone after the BlackBerry smartphone is rebooted.

Resolution
    This is a previously reported issue that has been escalated internally to our development team. No resolution time frame is currently available.
    06-14-10 04:08 PM
    If that is the case then why would one of your employees put the update to appworld, "a store that you are in competition with". MMMMMMM just thinking. Crackberry is a forum that is supposed to help blackberry owners, not telling the forum members when they log on about a major problem from a tip your employees advocated for then that isn't helping the members, that is in fact hurting them and your forum. You should at least take the blog down about the appworld update and maybe just maybe try to find a possible fix to the problem. Having appworld down will obviously sell more apps for crackberry, if I didn't know better a very paranoid visitor to this forum might think you knew there was a bug and put the blog up for that reason. I know that isn't true but as I said a paranoid visitor might rush to judgement. God knows there are many paranoid forum visitors. Personally I am a huge fan of this site.
    You think CB Forum Administrator's and Blog postings are employees of CB..... LMAO....
    06-14-10 04:17 PM
    Ooh escalation!
    06-14-10 04:19 PM
    You think CB Forum Administrator's and Blog postings are employees of CB..... LMAO....
    It certainly isn't unreasonable to think that forum administrators in the least have some idea as to what might be going on!
    06-14-10 04:20 PM
    No I don't but Blaize who writes many, many blogs and other articles for crackberry if he isn't on the payroll he is putting many hours in for nothing. I think if you bring up his name and see just how many articles he does write then the only conclusion you could come up with is he is an employee. If he isn't he should be.
    06-14-10 04:49 PM
    So I guess still no solution from RIM, CB staff, CB bloggers or anything in between...
    06-14-10 05:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD