Does anybody else have issues when trying to pay through paypal?

When I attempt to purchase an app, I click purchase, verify my login information is correct, then click Login. A window pops up saying Authenticating, then eventually Determining Details, then I get an error "System Error. Please try again later. Error ID 10800"

I've checked my paypal account. And my funding sources are good.

I googled the error msg, and Error 10800 is "Invalid Data - Your request is too long. Check URLs and other long strings."
    04-01-09 10:14 AM
    when you say you have a funding instrument on your account can you please confirm you have sufficient Paypal balance or Valid Credit card? Also, did you try it more than once?
    04-01-09 02:14 PM
    im getting the same error and everything, and i just recently used my paypal at another store
    04-02-09 01:47 AM
    when you say you have a funding instrument on your account can you please confirm you have sufficient Paypal balance or Valid Credit card? Also, did you try it more than once?
    Yep, Paypal account is valid and has funds. I can successfully purchase via PayPal from other online stores (I had other shopping to do anyway ).

Here's a summary of what is happening...

When selecting Purchase on an app in App World, and after entering the correct login information, App World successfully authenticates with PayPal. Then a popup window appears saying "Determining Details", about 7-10 seconds later a new popup comes up stating "System Error. Please Try Again Later. Error ID: 10800." And the transaction never completes.

* Downloading Free apps has no problems.
    * I verified my PayPal account has funds and can successfully use PayPal with other online stores.
    * Intentionally plugging incorrect login information brings up an Invalid Name/Password message. So it's not my login information.
    * I'm using a Storm on Verizon. Another person with an AT&T Bold has the same issue.
    * Uninstalling App World and re-installing didn't help.
    * I've upgraded to App World v1.0.0.27, and problem is still there.
    * I changed my login password (somebody recommended it, didn't think it would work). Logging in with new PW didn't help.
    * Looking up the PayPal API error code 10800 produced "Invalid Data - Your request is too long. Check URLs and other long strings."

However I'm not 100% certain the returned code is the PayPal API. It could be an error code returned by the device's OS.
    04-02-09 03:44 AM
    An update for any of you having the same issue.

I haven't yet heard any reply from anybody at RIM, however I have heard back from PayPal about it, and this is what they said...

Thank you for contacting PayPal.

Upon reviewing, we have found an error with the new BlackBerry App
    World. I have added your PayPal account to a service ticket that our
    tech team is working on.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us again.
    Dunno how long it will take for them to close that service ticket though.
    04-02-09 02:43 PM
    What about if i paid for an app and paypal charged me but when the app started to download and installed, it gave me an installation error and was unable to install, yet i still got charged?
    Sry for thread jacking but this is the only post i found with paypal and appworld

Posted from my CrackBerry Storm at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-03-09 05:01 AM
    this happened with me, im one of those who are having " app world is having trouble connecting to servers" error, and i can browse and purchase in the app world but not download, so i purchased railroad tycoon and it was deducted from my paypal account, but i cant install the game.
    04-03-09 05:08 AM
    what did you do to get a refund back?
    04-03-09 06:50 AM
    i filed a case at paypal resolution center and i emailed rim and till now no response
    04-03-09 07:16 AM
    Even after the release of .28 and .29, the problem still hasn't been successfully addressed. I too purchased an App, and paid, but did not receive the app, and am having a **** of a time getting ANYONE at RIM to give a damn.
    Oh well, at least it was only 5 bucks.
    05-02-09 02:42 PM
    I had been fighting the error 10899 issue on my 8830 and Storm (9530) and finally fixed it by going to App World and downloading the free PayPal app. Actully I tried logging into my paypal account from my BB and could only get informational links and a link to install the PayPal app (which took me to AppWorld).

Hope this will fixit for anyone else that is struggling with this error.
    02-19-10 09:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD