Given that i have my default application permissions are all disabled I was wondering if theres an easy way to set app permissions within appworld or when a new application is first run? When installing OTA from the browser theres a tick box to set permissions before installing but if I install from appworld theres no such tick box that im aware of at least. Some applications request the permissions upon running when they arent sufficient such as docs to go or poynt, but most dont. Is this something the devloper needs to add into their app to get this popup? Or can i force appworld to ask me for permissions on install?
    Thanks
    10-03-10 06:18 AM
    All your application permissions can be accessed via Options - Applications. From there the 3rd party apps let you edit their permissions by clicking on them and selecting edit permissions.

Core and OS Add Ons like Facebook, BBM, and App World DO NOT have editable permissions as they are made by RIM, and RIM has set the permissions in the way the want the app to function.

So yes you can go edit them all you want and customize them for 3rd party, but not for core or add on itmes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-10 08:37 AM
    I'm aware I can always go to applications and change them there, but I was hoping for a more direct route so when I download something from appworld such as being asked upon install or asked upon 1st run to save me the 6 clicks or so to get to the permissions, as almost anything asside from games dislike my default deny all access which I don't wish to relax.

10-03-10 10:41 AM
    Nope, if you wanna deny all with no room for movement its the 6 clicks, like 30 seconds!

If not, make custom BES policies and run your own BES

10-03-10 11:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD