Hello users, im new to this community.

I have a big problem with my blackberry curve 8520, i had installed the appworld and did all the updates for the mobile phone. the icon of the app world doesnt appear.. and i cant use it. but when y use the desktop manager it appears to be installed. i had download it several time and i cant find a solution. anyone can help please?

I have a data plan.
    Full blackberry services.
    06-11-10 10:47 PM
    That's a pain... When it happened to me, I had to downgrade the OS, wipe the device and then update again to the version I wanted to have.

Only then BBM and AppWorld would install and load properly...

Welcome to the forums!
    06-11-10 11:02 PM
    Before you install the OS again do 2 things. 1, pull the battery and see if it pops up again for ya. 2. If a battery pull doesn't work (which it should) go to your carriers BIS page on your computer, google for the address, and log into it. From there hunt around and see if you see an option to resend the service books. If you see it, click to have the service books resent.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-12-10 12:04 AM
    i just did a back up for the device, if i do the downgrade and properly get the app world if i use the backup to the device would it affect? i never done this before i had 2 different models previously to this one. im trying to save my contacts on bbm.
    btw thank you for the greetings
    06-12-10 12:48 AM
    Before you install the OS again do 2 things. 1, pull the battery and see if it pops up again for ya. 2. If a battery pull doesn't work (which it should) go to your carriers BIS page on your computer, google for the address, and log into it. From there hunt around and see if you see an option to resend the service books. If you see it, click to have the service books resent.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thanks for the info pal, but aparrently i didnt work.
    06-12-10 12:55 AM
    That's a pain... When it happened to me, I had to downgrade the OS, wipe the device and then update again to the version I wanted to have.

Welcome to the forums!
    if i downgrade the OS, can i get a back up of my contacts? in the bbm ?
    06-12-10 12:56 AM
    Go to BBM, Menu > Options, move down to Contact List and hit Backup.

You can back them up to your emails, the device memory (bad idea) and the sd card. Ofc there is no need to since DM does add the BBM contacts to the backup file, but hey, what it the pc nukes??

Good luck, that error is a pain in the behinds...
    06-12-10 09:12 AM
    Go to BBM, Menu > Options, move down to Contact List and hit Backup.

You can back them up to your emails, the device memory (bad idea) and the sd card. Ofc there is no need to since DM does add the BBM contacts to the backup file, but hey, what it the pc nukes??

Good luck, that error is a pain in the behinds...
    Man Thank you very much i did everything you told me i have my appworld working! did my back up.
    thank you so much i appreciate the help!
    06-12-10 05:30 PM
    I have another question for you.. i got my phone from a carrier called Claro.. when i turn off the phone its says claro... how can i change it back to the orginal?
    06-12-10 05:41 PM
    Glad to be of assistance

I got mine from VIVO. When ever it powers on/off I see a big VIVO on the screen.

Older devices could be tweaked to get rid of that, but the newser models work in a different fashion and so far, no unbranding can be done (If I am wrong here, feel free to correct me).

Get used to it. It's hard, but possible. ><
    Somebody once said that being able to change that at will would be the final customization dot on the BlackBerry system and I hope RIM comes to agree with it once day...
    06-12-10 06:17 PM
    Men i know im a pain in the back part.. since the downgrade .. i did the updates and everything. i keep having problems now sometimes it appears as "invalid Sim Card" anyway to solve that or i must take it to the carrier central?
    06-13-10 01:39 PM
    Hello users, im new to this community.

I have a big problem with my blackberry curve 8520, i had installed the appworld and did all the updates for the mobile phone. the icon of the app world doesnt appear.. and i cant use it. but when y use the desktop manager it appears to be installed. i had download it several time and i cant find a solution. anyone can help please?

I have a data plan.
    Full blackberry services.
    I had this problem so I uninstalled appworld upgraded the os to version 681 the installed appworld. Now the icon is back.
    06-14-10 11:52 AM

Welcome to the forums!
    I'm having the same problem and the battery pull doesn't work. How do I downgrade the OS and to what version do I downgrade to?
    07-11-10 01:13 PM
    I'm having the same problem and the battery pull doesn't work. How do I downgrade the OS and to what version do I downgrade to?
    Downgrading is just like updating, but you're updating (downgrading) to previous OS.

How to Install or Upgrade to a New RIM BlackBerry Operating System (OS) with AppLoader | CrackBerry.com

Good luck!
    07-11-10 11:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD