I've been going around and around with this issue for the last couple days. When I opened citysearch it said there was an update. After updating it all it did was open, nothing else, then it just closed. So I deleted it, thinking I'd reinstall it, but it doesn't show up in appworld when I do a search. So I go to appworld online and send have it send me a link, but no reinstall button. So i delete appworld to see if that will fix it. now when I try to reinstall it I get the message..."sorry your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support blackberry app world"

Ok.....so I reinstall the os just for the heck of it. Still same thing. Why is it so difficult to add apps to this phone? I never had this kind of grief with my 9000.

Please someone tell me theres a simple solution?
    08-18-10 08:42 AM
    I had this issue with App World and Facebook. The wrong versions were installed during my "device Switch" from my 8900. I ended up having to wipe the device completely using JL_Cmder (down to 507 error) and reinstall the OS from scratch. It then required a couple other hoops to jump through (see my post in the integrating other apps into social feeds thread) but finally got it working with the versions shipped with OS 6.
    08-18-10 08:48 AM
    Hey thanks for the reply. I was able to reinstall the latest version of appworld with DM. Interestingly though, both versions of FB was also listed. But when I tried to install v1.8 I get this message:
    " Validation failed because a module marked for update (net_rim_bb_facebook_lib) is not available on local disk"

In your post you said "I highlighted each of the two troublesome apps and hit the delete button on the top of the loader screen."

I'm using a Mac and don't see this delete button I may try again at work and see if it's different for a pc.
    08-18-10 09:52 AM
    Everything cleared up when I deleted app world v 1.1.0.23 and Facebook 1.7 from the list in DM using the top delete button. Let me know how it goes after trying it on your PC.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-10 08:24 PM
    Everything cleared up when I deleted app world v 1.1.0.23 and Facebook 1.7 from the list in DM using the top delete button. Let me know how it goes after trying it on your PC.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I was able to get appworld and facebook back but still cannot get citysearch back.

Can someone please go here BlackBerry App World - Citysearch and see if they can download it?
    09-01-10 02:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD