Why does it take so long to download files from Appworld? Doesn't matter if the file is relatively small (<1mb). It's slow whether I use an 8300, 8900 or an 9780. I have 4 or 5 bars of signal strength too. If I try and download a 5 or 10mb app from the Apple Appstore, it's downloaded and installed in less than a minute. Updating an app on my Blackberries takes forever -- reminds me of the dial-up days of the internet!
    09-26-11 08:40 PM
    I had exactly the same issue. My phone died some time after. Have you dropped it recently or some time ago? After I got my replacement phone (due to LCD damage) Appworld is now downloading very quickly now.
    09-27-11 01:51 AM
    I got this problem after upgrading to .600
    Especially over wi-fi the downloads were fluid before update. Now the phone seems to be downloading in chunks, with a loooot of waiting time.
    09-27-11 08:40 AM
    I had exactly the same issue. My phone died some time after. Have you dropped it recently or some time ago? After I got my replacement phone (due to LCD damage) Appworld is now downloading very quickly now.
    No phone damage on any of the 3 phone BBs. The Appworld download speed pales in comparison to Apple.
    09-27-11 11:43 AM
    No phone damage on any of the 3 phone BBs. The Appworld download speed pales in comparison to Apple.
    Hmm that's strange. Still on .570 and the speed is now really fast! Really a weird problem. Hope it somehow rectifies itself!

Can you downgrade to 570 and test that on one of your BBs?
    09-27-11 01:23 PM
    Given that I have the same problem with 3 different BBs, (which all have different versions of OS) with high signal strength, I doubt downgrading the OS will make any difference.
    09-27-11 05:07 PM
    Damn that's really weird! Is there an option to provide feedback regarding Appworld anywhere? Could only be RIMs servers then.
    09-28-11 04:07 AM
    RIM servers in India are hectic these days.
    Painstakingly slow appworld.
    Turtle slow ввм.
    Don't even think of installing more than 2 ввм connected apps!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-11 04:30 AM
    Yeah my Bold is hanging at times as well and it seems to be busy checking some social things. Maybe it's really caused by too many BBM social apps.
    09-29-11 11:33 AM
    Hmm that's strange. Still on .570 and the speed is now really fast! Really a weird problem. Hope it somehow rectifies itself!

Can you downgrade to 570 and test that on one of your BBs?

My 9780 was on .570 when I got it, and the downloads were very quick. But after upgrading to .600 it's been pretty slow. Rather strange!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    09-29-11 02:03 PM
    Is ввм 6 slowing down the BB network?
    Or is it due to some other reasons?

I feel my file transfers and chats faster on ввм 5.x.x.xxx

Anybody else feel the same?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-01-11 07:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD