With the introduction of app world 3.0, will that make the selection of apps for os 7 devices more attractive?
    08-21-11 08:14 PM
    there is more color to it
    08-21-11 08:29 PM
    I had to uninstall App World 3.0. It was horrible. Apps wouldn't show up and I personally think the UI is tacky.
    coolraghav likes this.
    08-21-11 08:56 PM
    I certainly hope there will be a better sorting feature by device.
    08-21-11 09:05 PM
    I had to uninstall App World 3.0. It was horrible. Apps wouldn't show up and I personally think the UI is tacky.
    i did the same going backwards but appreciate old one more
    coolraghav likes this.
    08-23-11 12:45 PM
    The reason is that new App World can't refresh apps list automatically for some reason. So, you have to hit the Blackberry button and hit refresh.
    08-23-11 12:59 PM
    Had MAJOR issues with 3.0 on my 8530. Runs much smoother on the 9930. Having said that, I'm sure the bugs are still there, the UI sucks big time and it's still slower than 2.x.
    08-23-11 01:01 PM
    With the introduction of app world 3.0, will that make the selection of apps for os 7 devices more attractive?
    What's the saying about lipstick on a pig? :>)
    08-23-11 01:15 PM
    Not sure if this is the place for this but I had a problem with my new Bold 9930. After moving my apps over from my 9650, appworld started freezing up. I downloaded 3.0 from beta website but it still froze up. I went onto the Sprint website for a solution and I was finally directed back to RIM website to download latest OS (7.0.0.241). I also started noticing other apps not responding, especially the bridge. I had to wipe my device and reload the OS. I did not reload my old apps. I downloaded new apps from appworld. I also noticed that quite a few of my old apps were not compatible with my new phone. Could this be the reason why my device took a crap? Because I moved all of my apps over from my old phone using desktop manager? Well, anyway, after doing all of that, everything is running beautifully now. Just thought I would share what happened to me...
    mssca likes this.
    08-23-11 01:25 PM
    Not sure if this is the place for this but I had a problem with my new Bold 9930. After moving my apps over from my 9650, appworld started freezing up. I downloaded 3.0 from beta website but it still froze up. I went onto the Sprint website for a solution and I was finally directed back to RIM website to download latest OS (7.0.0.241). I also started noticing other apps not responding, especially the bridge. I had to wipe my device and reload the OS. I did not reload my old apps. I downloaded new apps from appworld. I also noticed that quite a few of my old apps were not compatible with my new phone. Could this be the reason why my device took a crap? Because I moved all of my apps over from my old phone using desktop manager? Well, anyway, after doing all of that, everything is running beautifully now. Just thought I would share what happened to me...
    I did move some of my old apps using device switcher. May be there is a specific app that won't work well causing the issues for you?
    08-23-11 04:57 PM
    I've been using AppWorld 3.0 since last week...I'm a blackberry BETA zone member...I never had problems with it on bold 9650 and and it runs better and smoother on my bold 9930...no issues what-so-ever

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-11 05:39 PM
    According to other sites it was supposed to officially launch on August 22nd, does anyone know where I can download it?

08-23-11 06:15 PM
    I been using 3.0 since it was released and actually like it better then the rest,nice and smooth :-)

08-23-11 07:04 PM
    Wait wait wait wait, WAIT. What do you mean released? Did it prompt you to update when you logged into app world? Did you download from the blackberry site? Please tell

This is directed at mohawk, forgot to quote
    Last edited by SourBB; 08-23-11 at 07:39 PM.
    08-23-11 07:36 PM
    No it's still in beta.

He means when it was released to the beta zone.
    08-23-11 07:47 PM
    So much for that news it was coming yesterday. Is it in beta because they aren't done with it or is RIM going beta like Google does beta . . . keep the beta tag so we can excuse issues. lol
    08-23-11 07:56 PM
    Wait wait wait wait, WAIT. What do you mean released? Did it prompt you to update when you logged into app world? Did you download from the blackberry site? Please tell

This is directed at mohawk, forgot to quote
    yea i got it from the beta zone, i said it wrong when i said i been using it since it released. lol
    08-23-11 08:47 PM
    yea i got it from the beta zone, i said it wrong when i said i been using it since it released. lol
    Damn lol, well I'm hoping the official release isn't too far off. Thanks for the clarification
    08-23-11 08:54 PM
    I hope they hold on on releasing it. It needs a lot of work...............
    08-23-11 09:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD