So we are getting appworld 3.0. Does this mean more of the same or do you expect it will finally be decent where "chat on facebook" is not the highest paid app and "i speech translator" is not the best free app. About time Rim does something decent to remain atleast relevant.
    07-05-11 05:28 PM
    What does a new version of the storefront and backend have to do with how users rate apps...
    07-05-11 05:31 PM
    What does a new version of the storefront and backend have to do with how users rate apps...
    I am pretty sure that user inputs are not cycled and shows up incorrectly in the current version of the app world. I would say crackberry is a decent representation of playbook user and no way reading the forums, the apps as arranged in terms of top free or top paid etc makes any sense.
    07-05-11 05:35 PM
    How can you use an entirely different store as a basis as to why appworld is not correct...
    07-05-11 05:37 PM
    Its probably a sign of android apps coming... so this is probably a great thing.
    07-05-11 05:38 PM
    Fingers crossed, the current catalog of apps is terrible.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-05-11 06:09 PM
    I'm so glad RIM found the time to improve their store front to increase their bottom line. While we all wait for them to finish up the work needed on the PB.

Nice..

Tim

(please take with a grain of salt)
    07-05-11 06:11 PM
    Hope that would bring Android for PlayBook and Decrease the Developers fees over so Developers can submit more apps.
    07-05-11 06:44 PM
    They already aren't charging developer credits as of a while ago.
    07-05-11 06:56 PM
    I am pretty sure that user inputs are not cycled and shows up incorrectly in the current version of the app world. I would say crackberry is a decent representation of playbook user and no way reading the forums, the apps as arranged in terms of top free or top paid etc makes any sense.
    The ranking on the "Featured" tab are based on download counts (popularity). The top Free app for example, has the highest rate of downloads at that moment in time. A couple of weeks ago when I pushed an update for my app, the download rate spiked as people installed the upgrade. The app moved quickly to the top, then fell off as the download rate tapered off.

This "ranking" has nothing to do with user ranking.

On the category pages, the apps are also arranged by popularity but by the looks of it, the rankings are not updated as frequently as they are on the "Featured" tab.
    07-05-11 09:17 PM
    I'd like to just see a few basic fixes myself. Like the ability to permanently delete a long gone app from the list. I still see "Viigo for BlackBerry" in my list because I tried it out on my Pearl 8100 a long time ago. But, because App World had just updated to version 2 with the login added, it stayed on my list of uninstalled apps when I deleted it for bogging the poor Pearl down. Now, on the Torch, it still sits at the bottom of the list as "unavailable for this device". I know, I just want it to go away.

And how about giving the program a bit more smarts. For some reason, if an app was loaded initially through App World, but later updated outside of App World, App World will now think that the app was uninstalled and drop it down to the "uninstalled" group. But the app is still there. And an "RST" won't reset the list. The app will now and forever be stuck in the uninstalled group until you reinstall it through App World. This happened to me with Poynt, BeBuzz, Funambol and Bing. BeBuzz and Bing both offered updates as soon as I had installed them from App World. Both immediately were dropped to the "uninstalled" category right after - yet were clearly still installed on the phone as I use them all the time.

07-06-11 12:30 AM
    This is a major overhaul people, but it has nothing to do with what apps are there. The app catalogue will not change just because they are upgrading AppWorld.

07-06-11 01:38 AM
    I'd like to just see a few basic fixes myself. Like the ability to permanently delete a long gone app from the list. I still see "Viigo for BlackBerry" in my list because I tried it out on my Pearl 8100 a long time ago. But, because App World had just updated to version 2 with the login added, it stayed on my list of uninstalled apps when I deleted it for bogging the poor Pearl down. Now, on the Torch, it still sits at the bottom of the list as "unavailable for this device". I know, I just want it to go away.

And how about giving the program a bit more smarts. For some reason, if an app was loaded initially through App World, but later updated outside of App World, App World will now think that the app was uninstalled and drop it down to the "uninstalled" group. But the app is still there. And an "RST" won't reset the list. The app will now and forever be stuck in the uninstalled group until you reinstall it through App World. This happened to me with Poynt, BeBuzz, Funambol and Bing. BeBuzz and Bing both offered updates as soon as I had installed them from App World. Both immediately were dropped to the "uninstalled" category right after - yet were clearly still installed on the phone as I use them all the time.

I hate how thiers no way for them to disapear from that list... and the other persons quote about the a/s/l on reviews some of us read reviews for their purpose! lol!
    07-06-11 12:10 PM
    When is it coming out? I never really had a problem with app world. Its a place to get some apps. I don't expect it to make me a sandwich too.
    07-06-11 01:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD