When I upgraded this afternoon, it crashed my Bold. Won't turn back on, all I get is the 4 blinks of the red light. Phone was brand new yesterday
    09-30-09 08:44 PM
    nothing seems to be different??
    09-30-09 09:18 PM
    Mine has been downloading for over an hour. Says its installing. Any advice?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-30-09 09:32 PM
    **UPDATE** - managed to sloooowly get into the BB Settings.. and was able to delete AppWorld (killed the Gmail plugin too since that is useless).. rebooted and its fine now. Lovely, RIM, lovely.
    wow ok thank you. so I'm deleting Appworld, gmail, and all the preloaded games and crap i never use.
    10-02-09 05:59 PM
    update: i re downloaded app world and now it wont ever load up. i see the icon in my menu, click it, and nothing.. waits for a while then bounces back to the menu. app center says its installed.

i had to pull the battery the first time i tried to install it.. then i got this error uncaught execption: net.rim.vm.StackOverflow Error

isnt AppWorld a Blackberry product? why is it creating so many problems. I would have never responded to that "new version available" message.

theres' some apps i had sent to me from the BB website that i cant install because i dont have appworld on my BB.

WTF BB?
    10-02-09 07:01 PM
    same here. uninstalled and re-installed fresh, get the same issue. of course i can't get back to 1.1.0.15.

i've tried re-installing OTA as well as through their activex control on mobileapps.blackberry.com. installs fine, but every time i try to launch it, i just get the spinning clock for about 5 mins (device is unusable in the meantime) and then i get the error.

i'm using the latest official AT&T provided OS on the bold.

nice QA testing RIM...

update: i re downloaded app world and now it wont ever load up. i see the icon in my menu, click it, and nothing.. waits for a while then bounces back to the menu. app center says its installed.

i had to pull the battery the first time i tried to install it.. then i got this error uncaught execption: net.rim.vm.StackOverflow Error

isnt AppWorld a Blackberry product? why is it creating so many problems. I would have never responded to that "new version available" message.

theres' some apps i had sent to me from the BB website that i cant install because i dont have appworld on my BB.

WTF BB?
    Last edited by chriseng; 10-03-09 at 11:48 AM.
    10-03-09 11:44 AM
    Not sure this will help but if you either (a) want to get rid of App World forever or (b) want to remove it *completely* in order to reinstall from scratch, I suggest using BBFileScout to remove the remnants this app leaves behind after deletion. You can find it here:

FileScout OTA Installation - a file manager Software for BlackBerry� Devices with OS 4.3 or higher

Great program which I used to get rid of some creepy (IMHO), pre-installed pictures on my Storm. When I was using it, though, I noticed a bunch of App World entries (despite having previously dumped the app long ago) which I promptly deleted.

Just a thought....
    10-03-09 12:34 PM
    I cant stand app world.... it always works like ****. I cant understand why since the apple app store is almost the same but never has any problems. Most apps have OTA's that you cant use to download though your bb browser and there are tons of websites that provide links to them. crackberry.com has some here, squidoo.com, blackberryfreeware.com, bestfreeblackberryapps and my favorite blackberryappsforfree.com
    10-03-09 02:09 PM
    I cant stand app world....
    I'll second that!

Since getting rid of it, I've had zero random reboots and have yet to run low on app memory. No way that thing is ever going to be reinstalled on my Storm again.
    10-03-09 02:16 PM
    solved by upgrading to OS 4.6.0.301 on the bold, then installing appworld. not really the greatest solution, hopefully this OS is stable.
    10-03-09 02:48 PM
    Not sure this will help but if you either (a) want to get rid of App World forever or (b) want to remove it *completely* in order to reinstall from scratch, I suggest using BBFileScout to remove the remnants this app leaves behind after deletion. You can find it here:

FileScout OTA Installation - a file manager Software for BlackBerry� Devices with OS 4.3 or higher

Great program which I used to get rid of some creepy (IMHO), pre-installed pictures on my Storm. When I was using it, though, I noticed a bunch of App World entries (despite having previously dumped the app long ago) which I promptly deleted.

Just a thought....
    I DL'd that app but I think all my apps are hidden or something. I have 2 directories SD card and Store.
    10-04-09 12:10 PM
    I DL'd that app but I think all my apps are hidden or something. I have 2 directories SD card and Store.
    Are you able to expand the "Store" directory? Honestly not sure why you aren't seeing a System directory like I saw on my Storm - perhaps FileScout treats the devices differently (either the h/w or OS). Hopefully, someone with a Tour will provide some additional information.
    10-04-09 03:51 PM
    my app world is in euros too. other than that, no problems.
    10-04-09 05:07 PM
    i updated bb app world fine and it rebooted and now the icon is gone ... ughhhh
    10-04-09 05:42 PM
    i updated bb app world fine and it rebooted and now the icon is gone ... ughhhh
    Same here. Found it in a folder I had made a while ago called "Infrequently Used "...?
    10-04-09 07:02 PM
    my app world is in euros too. other than that, no problems.
    Me too, but I don't think just the currency being wrong is the problem. I only installed App World because I've been waiting for Scrabble for BB. Found it - BlackBerry App World - Scrabble - but it needed to have App World installed. It sent me the link for, and installed 1.1.0.19. When I then went to the link to install Scrabble, it showed it in Euros, and when I tried to buy it, said it wasn't available for my phone and/or carrier.....???

And every time I try to go back to .15, it asks me "Do you want to replace ....19 with ....19?" Grrrrrr.
    10-04-09 07:07 PM
    i have the exact same problem, its in euros and doesnt have any of the apps ive searched for. tried to downgrade to .15 but .19 keeps coming back
    10-04-09 07:17 PM
    Not sure about ones that don't have PayPal, but what you first mentioned did work for me. Once I logged into PayPal, it asked me if I wanted to change my currency back to USD.

I'm fixed!
    I did this, in fact I actually purchased "Pixelated Plus", completed the PayPal transaction, and then got taken back to the app's "page", but w/no option to download the game!

It DID change my currency back to USD, BUT, it did not change that apps that should be there (specifically Scrabble) are not.

Ugh. All this because when I had to reinstall the OS after getting a 552 error recently I chose to leave AppWorld off. At least then I'd have had .15 AND Scrabble. Grrr.
    10-04-09 09:37 PM
    Are you able to expand the "Store" directory? Honestly not sure why you aren't seeing a System directory like I saw on my Storm - perhaps FileScout treats the devices differently (either the h/w or OS). Hopefully, someone with a Tour will provide some additional information.

i can open it and i see directories but they're lighter color and inside "applications" there's nothing.

here's what i get. (attached images)
    10-04-09 11:28 PM
    I'll second that!

Since getting rid of it, I've had zero random reboots and have yet to run low on app memory. No way that thing is ever going to be reinstalled on my Storm again.
    I will 3rd it ,lol
    10-05-09 09:00 AM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD