I usually don't even install this piece of crap app, but I figured I would just make sure I never leave it open or anything so it wouldn't bother me or kill battery. Well even though I close it down completely and when I hold my blackberry button it doesn't show up as open, I know its open because it still notifies me.

I plan on just uninstalling this app because I really have no need for it, but what other apps are running in the background even though I can't see there open. For example opera mini is fine because as long as I completely shut it down it is the same as not being installed.

Also is there an app that shows me what apps are currently running? Kind of like a taskmngr? Thanks in advance.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-14-10 12:08 AM
    You get Facebook notifications because your getting those emails in your inbox. The Facebook app is supposed to do this. You have the same email as your Facebook notifications coming to your BB right? The FB app knows this, so the app isn't running in the background when it doesn't show up in application switcher. Your just getting your email notifications with a new icon.
    04-14-10 12:18 AM
    Facebook is like bbm it doesnt kill or harm battery. Id rather have it then have no app at all because there are not many, to my knowledge this is really the only one. Other then social scope and lets not go there.
    04-14-10 12:29 AM
    You get Facebook notifications because your getting those emails in your inbox. The Facebook app is supposed to do this. You have the same email as your Facebook notifications coming to your BB right? The FB app knows this, so the app isn't running in the background when it doesn't show up in application switcher. Your just getting your email notifications with a new icon.
    Im not getting emails for the notifications im getting. I only get email notifications for is someone writes on my wall or sends me a message, and a few others. Im constantly bombarded by stupid event invitations, page suggestions, and other crap.

Theres no way to really shut down facebook, its always running in the background, so it must use some memory,battery,network.

At least uber twitter gives me the option of it only running while its open. (not like i use that either)

Im really just more concerned with other apps i use once in a while (like facebook) that are also running in the background without me knowing.
    04-14-10 01:41 AM
    If you want to stop the notifications you have to go to Facebook on a PC and turn all those notifications off in the settings tab. You can't do this from your phone. I had to do the same thing to prevent thousands of emails in my inbox and those same thousands of notifications from the facebook app.

I have since stopped getting notifications for event invites and page suggestions etc.
    04-14-10 01:44 AM
    If you want to stop the notifications you have to go to Facebook on a PC and turn all those notifications off in the settings tab. You can't do this from your phone. I had to do the same thing to prevent thousands of emails in my inbox and those same thousands of notifications from the facebook app.

I have since stopped getting notifications for event invites and page suggestions etc.
    those boxes are all unchecked, but ill still get a *F notifying me of a facebook notification.
    04-14-10 01:50 AM
    I got tired of the FB app (too clunky), so now i just use FB mobile web. Simpler and easier. Waiting for the rumored FB 2.0, to see if they improve the app.
    04-14-10 12:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD