Can I still download/purchase and use Apps even if I don't have a data plan?

-

Secondly, I attempted to download BlackBerry App World but get the following error (even though I am using Internet Explorer):

Notice

This web page uses ActiveX controls that work only in Microsoft Internet Explorer. To ensure that BlackBerry App World is correctly downloaded to your BlackBerry, this site is not designed to work with any other Internet browsers. If you cannot use Internet Explorer, you may be able to download the software directly to your BlackBerry smartphone.
    I cannot download it directly from my BlackBerry since I don't have a data plan and my 8310 is not WiFi-compatible.
    08-13-09 10:26 PM
    Since you do not have a data plan and your phone is not Wi-Fi compatible, your only option is to pay for the data charges or get a data plan.
    08-13-09 10:55 PM
    Hello,

Thank you for your response.

So if I were to get the 8320 which has WiFi capabilities, would I be able to connect to my home wireless network, still without a data plan, and without any additional charges?
    If so, this would then enable me to access App World directly through my BlackBerry?

Thank you.
    08-13-09 11:49 PM
    Yes, if you have a wi-fi capable blackberry you can connect directly to your home network without any additional charges.

Then you should be able to download App World and get some apps. Just remember most apps need a data plan to operate so once you leave your house the apps wont function properly.
    08-13-09 11:55 PM
    Yes, if you have a wi-fi capable blackberry you can connect directly to your home network without any additional charges.

Then you should be able to download App World and get some apps. Just remember most apps need a data plan to operate so once you leave your house the apps wont function properly.
    Great, thank you very much. I appreciate your assistance.
    08-13-09 11:59 PM
    Oh, one thing that I still would like to know the answer to (if anybody knows) is why I got that error message regarding Internet Explorer.
    08-14-09 12:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD