Hi,

I may be wrong but I believe that with the switch to the new OS we are going to leave the apps we have now behind unless and until the devs make them compatible. Given the "We want Skype of the Playbook" campaign, I was wondering what apps do you think that we need on the new platform.

I think it is more of a proactive view of the platform, instead of sitting back and listening to the devs talk about they don't see the need to develop for the platform because they don't see the benefit. Yes, we have 75 million subscribers/users but according to the press, we are a dying breed. We should make a list of what apps we want and instead of hoping and praying that they bring them to the platform or hope that RIM can seduce them into it, we should let our voices be heard and tell them that what we want and do it loudly.

This is my list
    Amazon Kindle App
    Google Plus (only because it is a means of communication)
    Netflix
    Hulu
    Plex

Add what you may but we need to start supporting the platform to give a fighting chance. Remember, we have the power, let's use it.
    02-02-12 05:29 AM
    a better pdf viewer
    jetfit
    cardio trainer
    sketchbook
    a msn messenger thats better and not costing that 7.99 for a 2mb file like the one in the app store atm
    02-02-12 05:43 AM
    While this is a good idea for a thread, it also should be backed up with action towards the site offering the service.

For example : PDF and sketchbook (like app). The best thing to do would be to go to Adobe's site and find a way to start a campaign to get their Plex or JeFit until this thread. Since JeFit doesn't open their API up to developers, then a campaign or just a simple thread in their forum could push them to create the application.

From a developer's perspective, having a thread of wanted apps gives us ideas. However, if the service isn't open to outside development, there is not much we can do.
    02-02-12 07:59 AM
    After a little searching...

JeFit Future Development forum
    Plex - Client for PlayBook thread
    Adobe Reader for PlayBook Forum
    NetFlix for PlayBook thread
    Hulu Developer Labs forum

I started a discussion for Adobe Creative Cloud/ Touch Apps.

There really isn't a good Skype forum. They do have a developer blog, so you could always leave a comment on one of their posts. However, there is a C++ option for Hulu, which makes me wonder if a Native SDK app for the PlayBook could be a possibility.
    Last edited by LoganSix; 02-02-12 at 08:36 AM. Reason: Added new Adobe link
    02-02-12 08:15 AM
    This is the response back from Adobe to my request about Adobe Touch for PlayBook.

Adobe has not announced any plans for releasing the Touch Apps on the PlayBook platform. Unfotunately, we can't comment on unannounced products because of company policy. I would recommend creating a feature request if it is something you would like to have avaiable. That way our developers know we have customers who are interested. Thank you for posting, sorry I don't have more to offer.

You can create an idea from the Actions panel here with the "Create an idea" option
    Adobe Forums: Forum: Creative Cloud/Touch Apps

-Dave

So, I guess we need to start a Feature Request campaign.
    02-03-12 06:46 AM
    Sirius/XM for starters. They haven't updated their app for anything past OS5. That was one of the main reasons I went iPhone. It wasn't supported with OS6 or 7 and likely won't be supported with BB10. After asking Sirius, I was basically told they quit supporting BBOS.
    02-03-12 09:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD