Is it correct to assume that if I migrate 3rd part apps to a new 9650 that they won't work because the BB PIN is different?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-10 11:24 AM
    I think if use the DM Device transfer wizard this will take care of that
    06-03-10 11:30 AM
    There are a few apps whose licenses (and whose keys are generated from) are tied to the PIN. Most developers will work with you to get a new license key. Some developers do not allow transfer unless you paid extra up front for that ability down the road. DM does take care of pretty much the rest of the apps however.
    06-03-10 11:41 AM
    Depends.
    Some apps use the same unlock code for every copy; mainly older apps.
    You can get a new code for most apps that have a pin-based code.
    And don't forget os compatability, depending on what you're switching from.

06-03-10 11:43 AM
    Most of the apps bought here on crackberry will allow you to change the pin, you just need to follow the link from your account to "change pin". Don't forget that you will also have to change your bis pin as well.

06-03-10 12:13 PM
    Tether will automatically change the association when you run it for the first time on the new phone. And BerryWeather you need to login to your account from where you bought it and change the associated PIN. Only 2 I really have worth mentioning. Pumped I will change from the 8330 to the 9650 tomorrow!
    06-03-10 01:09 PM
    Has anyone received the Social Beat app. that VZW pushed? Is there anyway to get rid of the notification icon on the top of my main screen without having to install this app? Or do I need to install and then delete? I've tried 'hiding' the app. but the notification icon has not gone away. Will the icon disappear automatically after a while?
    07-02-10 12:43 PM
    Has anyone received the Social Beat app. that VZW pushed? Is there anyway to get rid of the notification icon on the top of my main screen without having to install this app? Or do I need to install and then delete? I've tried 'hiding' the app. but the notification icon has not gone away. Will the icon disappear automatically after a while?

Yes, it's VZW pushed and you can't just delete it. Your best bet is to hide the icon...That's what I did and I haven't seen it since I hid it. It's not installed, so it's not taking up your memory.
    07-02-10 12:48 PM
    I have the SocialBeat pushed icon, but I don't have it installed so I don't have any notifications. Are you sure it's not installed? Options > Applications > Third Party
    07-02-10 12:52 PM
    No, it's not installed. The notification icon on my main screen looks similar to this:
    "1 0_0"

The line between the circles actually connects the two and is a bit smaller in height than the number 1.
    07-02-10 12:56 PM
    Yes, it's VZW pushed and you can't just delete it. Your best bet is to hide the icon...That's what I did and I haven't seen it since I hid it. It's not installed, so it's not taking up your memory.
    I did hide it and I'm fine with just doing that, but how do I get rid of the notification icon on my main page?
    07-02-10 12:57 PM
    No, it's not installed. The notification icon on my main screen looks similar to this:
    "1 0_0"

The line between the circles actually connects the two and is a bit smaller in height than the number 1.
    You have a voicemail!!!!

07-02-10 01:00 PM
    [QUOTE=plkcable;5307750]You have a voicemail!!!!

Oh crap!!! A voicemail!!! ha ha ha!!! I guess this must be my first voice mail because that's the first time I saw that icon and thought it was a notification for the Social Beat app!

Thanks for the icon summary! Very helpful to newbies!!!!
    07-02-10 01:16 PM
    [QUOTE=crzy4greys;5307812]
    You have a voicemail!!!!

Oh crap!!! A voicemail!!! ha ha ha!!! I guess this must be my first voice mail because that's the first time I saw that icon and thought it was a notification for the Social Beat app!

Thanks for the icon summary! Very helpful to newbies!!!!
    No prob. It took me a minute to figure out what 0_0 could possibly be
    07-02-10 01:25 PM
    Thank you!!!!
    07-02-10 01:27 PM
    That notification list is great! I copied it

07-02-10 01:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD