04-14-10 01:59 AM
30 12
tools
    This is quite a pertinent thread for me: I'm also looking for some great UK-centric apps for my BlackBerry BOLD. As a starter for ten this is what I have on my device:

• Google Mobile App (v3.3.38)
    • Google Maps (inc. Google Latitude) (v3.0.2)
    • BBFileScout (v0.6.6)
    • BlackBerry App World (v1.0.0.29)
    • GPS Tracker (v1.8.2.0)
    • Viigo (v3.1.242) - still not sure about the usefulness of this app and if I really need it.
    • Vodafone Sat Nav (v4.04.40)
    • Windows Live Messenger (v2.1.44)
    • Yahoo! Go (v3.0.47)
    • Yell Maps (v4.1.27) - (basically UK edition of Yellow Pages)

I don't really use Facebook, Twitter etc.

Any other (UK) apps out there? I wish there was one for YouTube, eBay, free dictionary...
    05-06-09 06:11 PM
    Viigo, you can add RSS feeds from BBC website, etc if that helps.
    05-07-09 02:11 AM
    Any other (UK) apps out there? I wish there was one for YouTube, eBay, free dictionary...
    I use mobile ebay on the Bold browser and it works very well. YouTube over the browser could be better.

My apps are:
    Myspace
    Spreadbet Marketmaker
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Flickr
    GridMagic

You can work out which ones my wife uses...
    06-19-09 04:44 AM
    O2 user signing in Love my Bold and would never swap for an iphone but quite envious of all the apps written for the apple device. Would love some UK sport apps such as Premier League Football and Formula 1. I guess RIM are still playing catch up so hopefully they can encourage developers to work with this platform.

I read somewhere that even on BB Unlimited plan you have to pay for O2 Active WAP browsing and that the cost was capped at 1 a day. Perhaps someone can confirm this?

bbboyuk

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-09 06:06 AM
    [QUOTE=lynnzal;2840424]I use mobile ebay on the Bold browser and it works very well. YouTube over the browser could be better.

My apps are:
    Myspace
    Spreadbet Marketmaker

Lynnzal, I have a bold and also use Marketmaker but recently it has stopped working at the login screen. It only let's me enter in 2 characters of my password. Have you found the same problem? Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-14-10 01:59 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD