Ok here's my issue. I've been using the Torch 9800 and yesterday upgraded to the 9810. I've been trying get put the apps on the new model as I had on my other one but can't find a few? Such as- shazam, google maps and a local news station app. Could it be that this new model don't support these apps? Thay don't make any sense to me, and for them to not even show up in the app store is baffeling to me. Google maps I just found and put on my other torch 2 weeks ago and now its nowhere to be found. Help!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-11 01:01 PM
    Ok here's my issue. I've been using the Torch 9800 and yesterday upgraded to the 9810. I've been trying get put the apps on the new model as I had on my other one but can't find a few? Such as- shazam, google maps and a local news station app. Could it be that this new model don't support these apps? Thay don't make any sense to me, and for them to not even show up in the app store is baffeling to me. Google maps I just found and put on my other torch 2 weeks ago and now its nowhere to be found. Help!

There's a thread listing what apps are still unavailable for the 9810, along with sideloads if any (there is one for Shazam):

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...9810-a-644459/

If there is an app that hasn't been updated for OS7, it won't show up when you search for it in App World on the 9810. Google Maps wouldn't show up anyway since it's never been included in App World. Go here on your 9810 to get it: Google Maps
    09-11-11 01:54 PM
    Guess you are correct on the google maps- my bad. Come to thinkg of it I did find that elsewhere. I wanna say, in the past year and a half- I left blackberry and went to an iphone. Didn't like it and got an Atrix, traded it for an HTC Inspire. I've made a full circle and came right back to Blackberry. The crackberry community rocks as well as the product. Thank you for your help!!

09-11-11 02:05 PM
    Guess you are correct on the google maps- my bad. Come to thinkg of it I did find that elsewhere. I wanna say, in the past year and a half- I left blackberry and went to an iphone. Didn't like it and got an Atrix, traded it for an HTC Inspire. I've made a full circle and came right back to Blackberry. The crackberry community rocks as well as the product. Thank you for your help!!

I also left for a little more than a year. i was on an iphone. i remember as soon as i switched from my storm to the iphone i missed my blackberry. over the past few months ive learned to accept my iphone. it is a nice little machine but most of it is a lot of garbage that i dont need or use. im glad to be back with the blackberry family. though im feeling its taking too long to set my phone up. i bought my phone thursday night and havent stopped messing with it. still trying to figure out what apps to download and how else to "trick" out my 9810. ive spent too much time reading forums on crackberry trying to figure everything my phone is and is not capable of. the only shortcoming that has plagued BB in my opinion is developers lack of app support. i mean seriously, i want words with friends... is that really too much to ask?!
    good luck finding all the apps you want and enjoy the phone.
    09-11-11 03:41 PM
    Heard that! I own a business and have found when it comes down to it- what's most importan- a PHONE with great email or a toy? Blackberry cannot be beaten when it comes to business. Although I would also like to see a little better app support, and why is an app with apple or droid free and that SAME app be $4.99 with BB. But overall I've learned my lesson and will not stray again lol

09-11-11 03:56 PM
    APPLE is way over rated and have brainwashed their users to think nothing compares. Forgot to mention that

asherwiin likes this.
    09-11-11 03:58 PM
    Most useful apps for 9810 with os 7.1 (best apps for Blackberry 9810 Torch 2):
    FACELOCK ajani infotech (TO stop accidentally touching screen buttons While on Call)
    Documents to Go
    (came with my phone but VERY useful for opening every kind of doc)
    SugarSync app (5 gig on the cloud for free...had to do it)--Setup account from PC or Mac first
    ExtraKeys (for three extra external app launch keys)
    Quickpull (for those frequent battery pulls without pulling the battery)
    Scanlife (for scanning most any barcode)
    Garmin mobile ('cause I need turn by turn directions)
    Fixmo tools (I use the wifi connection to PC most but has many utilities)
    Slide Lock by Bulbera(stops accidental dialing on my blackberry touch screen)
    Advanced OS and led (I like the color LED options)
    BeWeather or Berry Weather (I like a pretty weather display -- works in conjunction with the Quickweather app
    iNEW7 theme (app world is case sensitive so "iNEW7" by Walker (better looking and faster than stock os 7 theme)
    Last edited by tom0100; 06-10-12 at 12:08 PM.
    05-31-12 07:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD