Ok, so I understand that developers are trying to curb unauthorized copies of their hard work being passed around, but Apps being tied to the individual BlackBerry PIN is absolutely ridiculous to me.

I paid good money for alot of apps, and broke my BB and had to get a replacement. Now I'm having a **** of a time getting a response from app developers trying to switch my PIN and get a new licence key.

Why can't they just have a regular serial number like every other piece of software out there????
    05-16-09 06:59 AM
    yea it is kinda messed up, but have you tried to download the apps to your desk top via zip file so you can reload it later if you need
    05-16-09 07:01 AM
    I agree that it's a right PITA. I say 3 activations a year on a serial number or something similar would be a lot better.
    05-16-09 07:04 AM
    Hey bx2md... getting the apps back isn't the problem, I used desktop manager and did the "Device Switch" and all my 3rd party apps I downloaded wirelessly were transfered over without a hitch.

The problem is I can't register them without getting an updated serial number for my new PIN.
    05-16-09 07:04 AM
    Hey bx2md... getting the apps back isn't the problem, I used desktop manager and did the "Device Switch" and all my 3rd party apps I downloaded wirelessly were transfered over without a hitch.

The problem is I can't register them without getting an updated serial number for my new PIN.
    ooooohhhh ok
    yea you have to contact the app maker and they can give you another serial number
    but it is hard to get that to happen I paid for an app and tried to get it on both my berry's and they were like nope
    the only suggestion might be buy your stuff from here on cb and they be able to help out some
    05-16-09 07:22 AM
    I don't know where you bought your apps from, but there is an option in your list of apps in the CrackBerry app store to change your pin.
    05-16-09 07:26 AM
    Yeah that sucks. I havent had to replace my bb but that is my only concern. Which is why i save all my emails when a purchase any app.

I only have a free apps that were activated by PIN but many of the ones i purchased are activated by a code which is pretty cool.

I would just suggest keeping all your emails and maybe that would make getting your apps PIN switch over a little easier. but i agree with you.
    05-16-09 07:29 AM
    What apps were they that you had before?
    05-16-09 08:55 AM
    I agree with you. It's a total PITA having apps tied to the PIN.
    05-16-09 11:24 AM
    Well, having a Storm and all.. you could only guess I've had to switch devices before

Getting new Reg. numbers was a huge pain. Most developers gave me unnecessary steps into using the "old" one, or just having mobihand update my pin for me, which was not the case. Some devs though just gave it up like a 18 year old girl @ prom

But yes, It is a bit of an nuisance
    05-16-09 11:32 AM
    ooooohhhh ok
    but it is hard to get that to happen I paid for an app and tried to get it on both my berry's and they were like nope
    Yeah, I'm not even trying to use it on multiple devices, I just want it ported over to my new Bold since I smashed the LCD on my old one and killed it.

I've sent emails to the developers replying to the original emails I got when I bought the Apps, but have yet to receive a response from any of them.
    05-16-09 03:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD