I have a Blackberry Curve 8330 on Verizon.
    This has happened a couple of times.
    I just updated my applications, deleting ones I didn't use anymore, or deleting old themes that I don't like or don't work like I wanted.
    Well I deleted a bunch, restarted my restarted my device, and now I have an icon for Skype ( When I click it takes me to the internet to be able to down load it). I can't deleted it from my applications cause it tech isn't installed yet, but yet I have the icon for it and never downloaded it or even wanted it.
    I did have my phone connected to the computer for sync but don't even have Skype on my computer.

Any clue has to why I keep having ghost apps appear?
    03-27-10 05:31 PM
    go in to service books and remove it from there. It will stay gone until your carrier pushes it to your device again. Annoying, but thats the only way I know how.Someone else on here might know a better way.
    03-27-10 05:34 PM
    These icons are merely launchers for the applications. They are not the actual applications unless you click on them and install the applications.

They are pushed by the carrier. You can't prevent them from being there. Even if you delete the Service Books, they will be eventually pushed back to the device by the carrier. If you don't want to see them or use them, just hide the icons and forget about them.
    03-27-10 07:30 PM
    Hide the unwanted little buggers. They take up no significant memory. Out of sight is out of mind.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-10 07:09 AM
    Thanks everyone.
    I did delete through service book but if it, or any others come back, I'll hide them and forget about them. Their just annoying
    03-28-10 01:52 PM
    Or.... you can install Skype and enjoy free unlimited calling between mobile and PC based Skype users, anywhere in the World.

Skype Mobile Phone | Skype Cell Phone | Skype Calling
    03-28-10 02:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD