Okay, this is my first blackberry, and I am clueless when it comes to computers of any kind. I love this phone, but it seems a bit slow. So, I'm wondering if things are still running and I need to close them out.
    01-23-12 09:39 AM
    That's not a lot to go on. So to what apps is running hold down your menu key and an app screen will open up.
    When you say a bit slow, what makes you think that? Plus tell us what model etc your using it might make sense why it seems slow in the first place.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    rbenge likes this.
    01-23-12 09:48 AM
    Welcome to crackberry. It would be helpful if you put which device you have in your profile.
    As for your question, hold down the BB symbol for a few second till a screen pops up. There you should see Five icons that can not be closed. They are Home, Phone, Blackberry messenger, Browser & Message, anything else need to be closed.
    Last edited by RoseBud68; 01-23-12 at 12:09 PM. Reason: Forgot the Browser, thanks krasi.
    rbenge likes this.
    01-23-12 09:52 AM
    Welcome to crackberry. It would be helpful if you put which device you have in your profile.
    As for your question, hold down the BB symbol for a few second till a screen pops up. There you should see Five icons that can not be closed. They are Home, Phone, Blackberry messenger & Message, anything else need to be closed.
    You mention five, but name four. So, I'm not sure whether the fifth is the browser or the alarm clock. But neither exits fully on my 9810.
    01-23-12 10:39 AM
    You mention five, but name four. So, I'm not sure whether the fifth is the browser or the alarm clock. But neither exits fully on my 9810.
    Ooops!!!

Its the Browser that a left out. edit my post.
    01-23-12 12:11 PM
    Ooops!!!

Its the Browser that a left out. edit my post.
    Well, apparently there's a sixth then. On mine. the alarm clock is also a constant.
    01-23-12 01:20 PM
    No, the alarm clock can be closed. Open the alarm clock then hit the menu button and scroll down to "close". On mine, just hitting the "back" button will also close the program.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    01-23-12 01:30 PM
    Well, apparently there's a sixth then. On mine. the alarm clock is also a constant.
    No, the alarm clock can be closed. Open the alarm clock then hit the menu button and scroll down to "close". On mine, just hitting the "back" button will also close the program.

That is correct, the clock can be closed.
    01-23-12 01:35 PM
    The clock should close. It closes on all my BBs. Might have to go into menu and close out.
    01-23-12 02:49 PM
    Hitting the back or "return key" is not always successful in closing a perticular app. Some require menu/close or menu/shut down.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-12 07:46 PM

Not on mine. Maybe an OS7.1 bug?
    01-23-12 08:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD