how can I check to see what apps are running on my 8900 also how do i shut them down

thx
    08-28-09 10:37 AM
    Keeping your finger pressed on the blackberry button will bring up a list of currently running apps.

You can't fully shut down the browser, phone, homescreen, messages or bbm...

but for the others, just press close
    08-28-09 11:34 AM
    What OS version are you using... after about OS .206 you can just hold down the Blackberry Menu button for a couple seconds and you should see your list... 5 OS apps are always running:

Browser, Call Log, Home Screen, Messages, and Messenger

If you see anything else you should double check how you are closing it... if you select close and there is also a exit, you might want to check if exit works best... just play around.
    08-28-09 11:37 AM
    Keeping your finger pressed on the blackberry button will bring up a list of currently running apps.

You can't fully shut down the browser, phone, homescreen, messages or bbm...

but for the others, just press close
    Cool thx that work
    08-28-09 12:45 PM
    I was amazed that the red end key did not close apps (kept them in memory) like the menu > close option did.
    Good info guys.
    08-28-09 07:27 PM
    I was amazed that the red end key did not close apps (kept them in memory) like the menu > close option did.
    Good info guys.
    Glad to see some people read these after we make suggestions.
    08-28-09 07:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD