Good morning all,

So, I had a used 8100 (loved that phone,but not practical for a Realtor) and I sold it when I bought an iPhone 3gs (used, only 8 months old when I bought it from a friend) back in June. Well, this past Friday that darn thing freaked out and had a hardware failure and won't reboot. Had to find something super fast so I bought a used 8310. Works great, does more for me than the iPhone did; but my kids are traumatized due to the lack of the touch screen and games. I can renew my contract early next month and get the new Torch, but before I did I needed to find out if there are more apps out for the torch vs older BB?

The iPhone has a ton of useless apps and games, which can be addicting especially when you're waiting on a client to show up to an appointment...

Can you use any of the older BB apps on the new Torch? I just need to make sure I spend my money well and both the iPhone 4 and the Torch are the same price for me $199.

Thanks for your input!

Kari
    10-06-10 09:30 AM
    you will need to check on a per app basis, BUT I have found that all of my apps work, and those that dont are unnecessary.
    10-06-10 09:55 AM
    More aps than old BB? No. But I am finding more new aps everyday. I am sure the list will get longer as more phones hit the street that are running OS6.

There are plenty of time wasters available now - games such as Ka-Glom, Labyrith, Lux, Number Cruncher just to mention a few (and all free at the moment). There is Yesterberry which gives links to TV station web feeds (I am getting addicted to watching the ABC channel in the morning). And my new favorite is B&N eReader and also the Kindle reader for BB. Both BN and Amazon have free books to download.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-06-10 11:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD