Hi everyone,

I received my Storm 2 this morning and its quality, absolutely love it! I have downloaded a few apps but I am now confused (admittedly, it's easily done). There seem to be many weather apps but I would like one where the weather of my home town is on the home screen in one of the corners.

I am in the UK, using a today theme (the one with the calendar entries on it when you hover over calender). Any suggestions with which one and how?

Also I ahve found the app store thing pretty pants. Which free apps do people suggest I get hold of?

I've downloaded google maps, face book and viigo and that's it really. Free ones would be a treat

Thanks,
    Dan
    06-02-10 12:30 PM
    Are you using the Stock Today theme? If so it may be difficult to get some weather apps on the homescreen since there are no icons there on the Today theme. However, if you are looking for a free weather app, Weatherbug is probably one of the better ones (you will need an icon on the homescreen). If you are going to pay for an app look no further than Berryweather (listed as BeWeather in App World I think). BeWeather can be set so the weather condition and all that good stuff IS your wallpaper so you would be able to see it behind your Today entries. BeWeather is a heavy price tag of 9.99 but it is a fantastic weather app.
    06-02-10 12:43 PM
    Hi everyone,

I received my Storm 2 this morning and its quality, absolutely love it! I have downloaded a few apps but I am now confused (admittedly, it's easily done). There seem to be many weather apps but I would like one where the weather of my home town is on the home screen in one of the corners.
    You can do that by changing the theme you are using.

I am in the UK, using a today theme (the one with the calendar entries on it when you hover over calender). Any suggestions with which one and how?

Also I ahve found the app store thing pretty pants. Which free apps do people suggest I get hold of?

I've downloaded google maps, face book and viigo and that's it really. Free ones would be a treat

Thanks,
    Dan
    Twitter,Pandora,Poynt,foursquare, YM and Gtalk are the free apps that I use most often.

For paid ones,I use WunderRadio ,Podtrapper,BerryBlab,MeterBerry and Quicklaunch.

HTH
    Last edited by rafiks; 06-02-10 at 12:44 PM. Reason: quote wrong
    06-02-10 12:43 PM
    Mine only came with one theme, the Precision Zen one but no variations like today etc so I downloaded one from somewhere on here and can't remember the name. I will take a look and see if I can find out. Its a quality theme and really quick, no clutter or anything.

If the weather cannot be the icon, I will stick with the theme. Thanks for the list rafiks, I will take a look at some of those.

Any more from anyone? Particularly OTA ones...
    06-02-10 12:47 PM
    My favorite and most used apps are

Free
    Google Talk
    Google Maps
    Google search App
    ScoreMobile - great app for free sports scores, covers a wide range of leagues.
    Dragon for E-mail - free dictation for voice to text in e-mail. VERY nice
    CrackBerry App Store - deal of the day is normally half off.
    Theme - BlackBerry Pro v5

I don't pay for many apps, but these made the cut and I would buy again. Got most half off from CrackBerry App store.

Xobni - a contacts manager
    BerryWeather - Great Weather app
    BerryBuzz - Gives you control of your LED for notifications
    BerryPopup - See e-mail and SMS w/o leaving your current screen. Love it!
    SmartAlerts - Further personalize your LED alerts
    MeterBerry - Nice utility to monitor battery usage, and memory. Does resets too.
    06-02-10 12:57 PM
    Im plodding through these, taking a look, thanks!

I dowloaded weatherbug and weathereye but cant seem to get a fix on my city in the uk. I can only assume they are american based?!?
    06-02-10 01:15 PM
    BerryWeather will do what you want, even if you are using the stock theme. What you do is set it up so that BW uses a wallpaper for your home screen, then it refreshes the entire wallpaper at your desired interval. It works VERY well and has tons of options. You will need to check on U.K. Compatibility, but I am pretty sure there is no problem there.

I use mostly paid apps. I highly reccomend QuickLaunch for about $5 U.S. It makes life so much easier and is so fluid with the BB OS. Plus it gives you a reset feature, camera mute, flashlight, orientation lock, and more! It's like 10 apps in one!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-10 01:28 PM
    I'm using Simple Weather - allows weather on homescreen wallpaper (can move it anywhere you want) and cheap at $2.99.

Could be wrong, but think they use Welcome to Weather Underground : Weather Underground for source info. Just need to check the site to see if you city is available...
    06-02-10 02:51 PM
    Don't pay for any apps. There are free ones for every chore. The exception would be something very specialized (legal, medical, scientific etc.) For general population, the free ones are very productive and fun. I would say get Opera Mini 5 for the web, sometimes much better than BB native browser.
    06-02-10 05:41 PM
    There are many varying opinions concerning weather apps. Here's my .02-Ive tried EVERY weather app out there, and I can honestly say none comes close to BerryWeather. I dont know if its available in the UK, but email Bellshare and ask. Its worth the money. Just my opinion.
    06-02-10 06:22 PM
    I luv BerryWeather, never had any problems updating and keeping the accurate temp and conditions. You may like Weather Channel Icon--- free
    06-02-10 07:31 PM
    Thanks, I will take a look ay the weather channel icon first. I have downloaded opera mini and I'm not 100% but I'm going to keep it for a week and see. I don't like the fact itsTouch only and not press.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-10 03:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD