After dealing with the faulty trackball on my 9630 since July I finally broke down and was sent a replacement from Verizon. I switched the old phone to the new phone using device switch wizard from the desktop manager. After doing so some of my best apps, Quicklaunch, Slicktasks, Berryweather and others are now looking for an activation code or the license expired. How do I get them back working. I paid for them already once. I guessing maybe it has to do with a new pin number. So how do I fix this?

Thanks
    12-11-09 11:33 AM
    Go to wherever you bought the app ( CrackBerry App Store or BlackBerry App World or App site) and retrieve your activation codes.

Log into BlackBerry App World and make sure you change your PIN there. Same with CrackBerry App store.

You can also email the support for a specific app to have them send you your original activation code.

Then go into your apps and re-activate them by entering your original activation codes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-09 11:37 AM
    Yep just did the same thing yesterday. Certain apps like Mobiscope, GPSed and SmartBCalendar all transferred without needing to change the PIN, the original key code still worked. Others, like Quicklaunch, were a breeze through Mobihand. They responded quickly to my PIN change request and now my apps work with the new key they provided. Im am, however, still waiting on Weatherbug to send me my new activation code. They don't sell their product outside of BB App World so any device change needs to be done through them. It seems many have had this issue, I just hope it doesn't take a week to get my new key code.
    Last edited by cenloe; 12-11-09 at 12:56 PM.
    12-11-09 12:52 PM
    So far none of that works. How do you update your pin to these places
    12-11-09 04:00 PM
    So far none of that works. How do you update your pin to these places
    Where did you buy these apps? If bought from Crackberry, then log into your Mobihand account and click on the "Change Device ID" and fill out the form.

Smartphone - MobiHand Apps Store Account

If bought from App World you may need to contact the developer through the support link.

EDIT: Weatherbug did finally get back to me with a new key code. Kudos to them for being so prompt.
    Last edited by cenloe; 12-11-09 at 04:59 PM.
    12-11-09 04:56 PM
    Thanks cenloe
    12-11-09 05:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD