So I updated to 607 last night (which was an arduous process on my mac) and a bunch of my apps were missing even after doing a restore. I've re-downloaded the ones I got through the CB app store but my problem is with the ones I got through the BB app world, specifically the MLB At Bat 2010 app.

The problem is my link to the BB app store has disappeared! I know I can re-download it from the BB website but would I still be able to access my acct and re-download the MLB app? Its $15 so I don't want to buy it again. Except for Poynt and Score Mobile, none of the other apps I got through the BB app world are there; they're free though so I just need to re-download them.

Any other ideas?? I searched the forums and found instructions for how to re-install native apps on a PC but not a Mac. And it looks like the app files might still be on there - I found a bunch of cod.rem files for my apps from BB app world under BLACKBERRY1 > Blackberry > app_world > downloads > [PIN], but don't know how to get them in DM.

HELP!!!!
    04-06-10 05:57 AM
    So I updated to 607 last night (which was an arduous process on my mac) and a bunch of my apps were missing even after doing a restore. I've re-downloaded the ones I got through the CB app store but my problem is with the ones I got through the BB app world, specifically the MLB At Bat 2010 app.

The problem is my link to the BB app store has disappeared! I know I can re-download it from the BB website but would I still be able to access my acct and re-download the MLB app? Its $15 so I don't want to buy it again. Except for Poynt and Score Mobile, none of the other apps I got through the BB app world are there; they're free though so I just need to re-download them.

Any other ideas?? I searched the forums and found instructions for how to re-install native apps on a PC but not a Mac. And it looks like the app files might still be on there - I found a bunch of cod.rem files for my apps from BB app world under BLACKBERRY1 > Blackberry > app_world > downloads > [PIN], but don't know how to get them in DM.

HELP!!!!
    Yes, after downloading BB Appworld from the site, then open and in the lower left corner is the icon for "MyWorld" open it and then press the BB menu button and select "login" then enter your paypal login info and after it authenticates you, it will show your purchases and you can reinstall them from there, the free ones don't show however.

Hope this helps.
    04-06-10 07:53 AM
    That did it!!! Thanks!!
    Oddly, 3 free ones did show up - Pandora, Score Mobile, and the CBS march madness app.

Now I'm noticing that some other native apps, like password keeper and the docs to go apps, are missing. I might be headed to the VZ store to figure those out.
    04-06-10 08:13 AM
    That did it!!! Thanks!!
    Oddly, 3 free ones did show up - Pandora, Score Mobile, and the CBS march madness app.

Now I'm noticing that some other native apps, like password keeper and the docs to go apps, are missing. I might be headed to the VZ store to figure those out.
    If you did it from your pc then you should have made sure of the backup. Then you'd be able to get them back.

If OTA then by all means it's VZW's problem.
    04-06-10 01:27 PM
    That did it!!! Thanks!!

Did you shrink the OS before installing? You might have accidentally shrunk those out. Its easy to do so accidentally.

If you didn't, then Hit the BB Button and, if the option is available, press "Show All". Its possible those were hidden for some reason. They are certainly included with the new OS, because I have them on mine.

If you can't find them, you might have to re-install the OS.
    04-06-10 02:47 PM
    Here's an update in case anyone ever searches and finds this.

I downloaded DM to my husband's work PC and as soon as I plugged my phone in, it gave a message saying there's an update available for the BB 5.0 core applications. Installed that and voila my missing apps showed up again in the DM app loader! All I had to do was check them off.

The VZW store ended up being a waste of time; they had no clue except for me to call VZW tech support.

Also, this was not an OTA update and they weren't hidden (they weren't listed anywhere in my options > applications list). And I did not shrink the OS before installing. I did everything straight from DM on my mac, nothing out of the ordinary.
    04-13-10 09:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD