How much is too much. I had a few apps downloaded with 115.2 MB of memory free and it seemed like everything slowed down considerably. I deleted the ones I didn't use much and it took me up to 122MB. Will a memory card make a difference when it comes to apps and ringtones? I haven't got one yet. Should I? Thanks. This site is awesome. I've learned a boatload here.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-10 08:09 PM
    How much is too much. I had a few apps downloaded with 115.2 MB of memory free and it seemed like everything slowed down considerably. I deleted the ones I didn't use much and it took me up to 122MB. Will a memory card make a difference when it comes to apps and ringtones? I haven't got one yet. Should I? Thanks. This site is awesome. I've learned a boatload here.

Just keep at least 25mb free. Im sure there is an official "too much" number, but I wouldnt drop below 25mb. I doubt you'll find enough apps to chew up that much memory. But, i still wouldnt keep anything on your phone that you do not plan to use often.
    04-20-10 08:12 PM
    your phone won't slow down if you have that much memory left on your device after downloading apps. I have a lot of apps downloaded and I have around 70 MB remaining. My phone is still fast. It will make a difference in performance if you have a lot of apps open. Check to make sure that you have closed out of your applications after you are done using them. Like the previous poster said, you don't want to allow your device to get too low on memory, or the phone will shut down. But for what you have left, you should be fine.

04-20-10 08:41 PM
    Good memory management tips here: How to Free Up Memory on your BlackBerry Smartphone | CrackBerry.com

With the memory installed on the 8530 you should have no real issues. My 9000 is lucky to boot with more than 45megs free. Your status makes me very jealous but the 9000 runs well so I cannot complain.
    04-21-10 07:53 AM
    I'm assuming the reason your phone slowed down is because you downloaded a new app/program and didn't reboot. After installing anything on the phone you should always pull the battery.

112 mb is a lot more memory then you need and the phone certainly shouldn't be running slow with that much free memory. Like I said, just guessing you need a reboot. On my Tour (which I'm almost positive has the same amount of memory) I have around 8-10 apps installed and normally run anywhere from 85-100 mb free.
    04-21-10 09:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD