So are apps that lock your screen when on a call still necessary with .148? I remember seeing one change is that it makes hitting the buttons when on a call less likely...anyone have any experience not using such apps? Is there a difference? I don't see how there would be...
    06-05-09 06:49 PM
    U don't need it anymore. I deleted mine and tried to get my cheek to activate one of the buttons and it no longer does

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-05-09 06:51 PM
    really? did the update some how grow a proximity sensor?
    06-05-09 07:24 PM
    yes.......
    06-05-09 07:25 PM
    No, but think about it. If more than 10% of the screen is being touched, its safe to assume it's your cheek.
    06-05-09 07:35 PM
    well im not sure what you guys see cuz my phone still needs a lock. unless you have to activate something. also i use screen lock and ever since i got .148 when you make a call the box that says screen lock gets deformed. it works but looks like theres a error happening. anyone else have this problem...
    06-05-09 10:58 PM
    I use pattern lock. I got it when it was on sale for .99 cents, I love it. I'm not sure I'd pay 2.99 for it, but then again, I don't want to go crazy on spending money on apps.
    06-05-09 11:24 PM
    SO it doesn't seem that there is much a definitive answer to my original question...
    06-06-09 02:17 AM
    With 148 the screen click issue is no longer an issue for me. I turned off patternlock call screen lock and have had no problems.
    06-06-09 02:30 AM
    i think i got it to work.. had to reboot again
    06-06-09 12:31 PM
    SO it doesn't seem that there is much a definitive answer to my original question...
    The answer is no you do not need them anymore.
    06-06-09 12:35 PM
    Mine still locks without it using .148. I'm using the 'previously released' version, so maybe its not the same as the 'official' release in this respect. I was using a trial of Stormlock and it ran out a couple of days ago. I didn't realize it was just a trial and it took several muted phone calls for me to realize that my Stormlock had stopped functining. Turned it back on and no more interrupted phone calls
    06-06-09 12:50 PM
    Mine still locks without it using .148. I'm using the 'previously released' version, so maybe its not the same as the 'official' release in this respect. I was using a trial of Stormlock and it ran out a couple of days ago. I didn't realize it was just a trial and it took several muted phone calls for me to realize that my Stormlock had stopped functining. Turned it back on and no more interrupted phone calls
    Both versions are exactly the same, if they weren't then they would have different version numbers. But to stay on the topic i tested a phone call without stormlock and no more cheek dialing but i did pay for the app so i'll leave it alone.
    06-06-09 06:52 PM
    Am I missing something? I have .148 and I still mute calls when I put the phone to my face.. and yes I have the chubby cheek issue! I have been reading up on the different apps available.. so I don't know which way to go or to just wait to see if RIM fixes this stupid issue!
    07-29-09 05:49 PM
    I still have the cheek/mute issue on 151 (and 148)
    07-29-09 06:55 PM
    I still have the cheek/mute issue on 151 (and 148)
    Same here.
    07-29-09 11:47 PM
    The face sensitivity feature is improved, but obviously not completely resolved. 5.0 apparently does completely resolve this still present issue by shrinking the buttons on the call screen and placing them on a bar on the bottom.

Just keep on using a third party app until then if you are still having this issue.

Really though, you shouldn't have the phone that close to your face to be having this issue, unless you're holding the phone with your shoulder. The phone, its software and mic aren't designed that way and the distance to the face keeping the screen a length away was considered for the mic. Just think of current bluetooth headsets where there is no mic right in front of your mouth; it still works fine and the way it's supposed to work.
    Last edited by wentouch; 07-29-09 at 11:58 PM.
    07-29-09 11:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD