Has anybody found any info about apps that are JUST made for the Odin? Since this will be an actual touch screen so it would make sense to have exclusive Odin apps that wouldn't work on say the Tour or the Curve.

I really hope that the Odin gets a great deal of apps from App World so it can challenge the iPhone rather than be just another "victim" of Apples enormous App Store.
    07-10-09 11:28 PM
    By and large, they'll probably just be the same apps that are currently out there for the Storm, especially if the Odin preserves the distinction between selecting and activating (even if it doesn't involve a clicking screen).
    07-11-09 12:35 AM
    Most of the same apps will work. Some will need to be updated for the 5.x OS, but that's no different then what will need to happen for all other devices as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-11-09 09:54 AM
    and the click will still be there...
    07-11-09 09:04 PM
    Their keeping the click? I swear I read a few articles a few weeks ago claiming that the click is now gone and it is now an actual touch screen much like the iPhone and other touch screen devices.
    07-12-09 03:35 PM
    Yes we will still have the click. It will be different then we currently have. Some say instead of one button there will be a lot buttons.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-09 07:01 AM
    More buttons = better response, yes? (Envisioning a 3x3 grid, say, beneath the screen rather than a central one) Regardless, the select/activate distinction is central to the technology and means that all S1 apps are S2 compatible (in theory) with all OS issues aside.
    07-13-09 10:57 AM
    I read somewhere that there was no physical "click," but rather, the phone's touchscreen was capable of detecting a light press as the current Storm's "tap" and a harder press as a "click"? I know I read it somewhere but I don't know if it's true or not... if so, it would be awesome...

Edit: Here's the thread http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/tr...rm-2-a-229267/
    Don't know if this is concrete or not. But it would kick soooo much a** if it were true!
    Last edited by Andiamo; 07-14-09 at 12:18 AM.
    07-14-09 12:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD