i am having some memory problems with my pearl. ive noticed that as i use it all day it gets lower and lower on memory and i find myself resetting my phone kind of often. im looking for an app that cleans up the memory on my phone as i use it and manages my ram. even if it doesnt clean the memory as it goes id like to be able to open it and have it clear stuff out without taking the time to do a full reset.

ive recently started using suretype instead of multitap and i HATE hitting the trackball to send the message. is there an app that i can reach up and hit the send button to send the message. that would be soooo much better and less annoying for me. i saw an app in the store here that lets you go past 160 characters and sends the messages in pages. that would be awesome but i reall would like it to be free if there is a version.

the other thing im looking for is a voice to text app like vlingo only free. ive heard a few things about a google talk or something? id love to have a free app where i can say "text mom" then proceed with speaking my message so i can send them like that when im driving.

im always interested in gps apps. i like lifeinpocket right now but i would love to have it stream a map(ik it wastes battery and lags) so im always looking for that.

you help is much appreciated. thanks!
    08-01-09 12:06 AM
    is there an app that updates all the pictures in your contacts to their facebook pictures like the facebook app does but that takes less memory and doesnt do all the other bull**** and that only updates the pictures?
    08-05-09 12:59 PM
    Lynda- why do you hate pressing the trackball to send a message? It takes a fraction of a second....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-09 08:22 AM
    Its because I slip up and hit clear field or save draft because I'm moving my thumb while I hit it.

08-06-09 08:25 AM
    Oh that happens to me in other apps, like when I am trying to show someone a picture I always move the trackball and end up hitting the wrong pic.

08-06-09 08:29 AM
    Yeah ud anyone knows of these apps or wants to make them for me that would be awesome!

I would make them but I'm too dumb

08-06-09 09:45 AM
    No free Vlingo sort of app. I spent 2 hours looking for one once
    I'd also like a send key app for texts
    memory problems here as well
    Ill look into some of this for you
    08-06-09 12:56 PM
    Alright thanks man. Does anyone know of a place I can get the old free vlingo? I read there's a way to buy I haven't ever found the link

08-06-09 01:36 PM
    Have you tried Options>Security Options>Memory Cleaning for your memory problem?
    Oh wow I just did it and I notice a diffrence.

I believe if you go to vlingo they have a free version there but its limited. I have the full version and I love it.

For GPS check out BTsidekick

I didn't find any apps that let you send 160+ characters for texts but MMS lets you send 1000 characters per text. Or email if you want.

I didn't find any Facebook app like you mentioned. I know what you mean with all the other crap it does.

Let me know if theres anything else I can look up for you.
    Last edited by DaBear5; 08-06-09 at 06:01 PM.
    08-06-09 02:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD