I just recently got a new torch,what are those pre apps installed in my phone? Are those free? How can I take it out off My phone?
    Thanks in advance torch owners

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-10 03:57 AM
    Depends upon which apps you are talking about. The games, some are just demos you need to dl, but you can delete all together. And the slacker radio, and some others you can delete. Just go to Applications Management, and see if the ones you don't want show up there.

12-20-10 08:35 AM
    90% of the app that are preinstalled come pushed from your carrier, in your case AT&T. Most of them are monthly payed apps(like telnav 9.99$ a month), and are just place cards to download the actual app. If you download one of these app's, the place card icon becomes the actual app icon. Unfortunately there is no way to get rid of these icons. If you delete them they just get repushed to your device on a battery pull or OS reload.

Easiest thing to do is just make a new folder(I call mine hidden), move all those icons into the folder and hide the folder.

If you have clicked on a any one of those icons and downloaded the app, you can go to options > device > application management and delete any one of the ones you have already installed. You will still have the "place card" icon even after you uninstall the app.
    Berry New likes this.
    12-20-10 08:49 AM
    Thanks guys,, I'm talking about apps like espn,weather channel,cnn,slacker are those just preinstalled and not free?

12-20-10 02:28 PM
    Thanks guys,, I'm talking about apps like espn,weather channel,cnn,slacker are those just preinstalled and not free?
    Only the icon is in place. The app will not be installed until you click on the icon. If there is a fee you should be warned during installation or registration.

Like others suggested above I hide these icons in a folder labeled "Junk." Keeps my screen as clean as can be. Simplicity is good in my life.
    12-20-10 03:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD