If this post belongs in another thread, forgive me. I recently upgraded my 8330 to the Tour and reloaded the majority of the apps I had previously. ControlBBanel and Vlingo bricked my phone (well not fully bricked where it had to be replaced) but gave me the "reload software 552" error. Has anyone else experienced this issue with these particular software products or any other software that gave their Tour this error. Thanks
    10-01-09 02:50 PM
    As a new BBerry user I was at a total loss as to what to do, however reading through the posts on CrackBerry got me to where I was able to wipe the device and reinstall the operating software. Of course the reloading of all my individual apps was a huge time consuming pain. It was the new minimal Viigo that did my 9630 in. I wrote them about it and following is their response; "Hello; Reload Software 522" is a JVM (Java Virtual Machine) error that is dependent on the OS of the device. We can assure you that the cause of this error is not the Viigo installation but a combination of factors that have led to the status of your device OS. According to the Blackberry forums: External screen blank after wipe and OS reload on 8220 - BlackBerry® Device Software - BlackBerry Support Community Forums, reloading of the OS through Desktop Manager/Application Loader would address the issue.

Thanks,
    ricca
    10-01-09 03:31 PM
    Those apps didn't play well with the tours OS.
    10-01-09 05:10 PM
    yea Viigo screwed me up as well. ever since I got my phone back to life it is not and will not be d/l again.
    10-01-09 05:16 PM
    Can anyone else confirm this? I have the latest Viigo News/Lite running for a few weeks now w/ no problems.
    10-01-09 05:33 PM
    My Tour crashed every 30 minutes when I got it and loaded a bunch of apps. Viigo doesn't play well with other appd. Once I took viigo out, I didn't have any issues anymore with other apps and the 522 error.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-01-09 05:40 PM
    I have Viigo installed on my 9630 and it works fine. However, I tried to install the Yelp application, and I got the dreaded 552 error. My brother and fellow crackberrian helped bring my phone back to life, but it took hours of work. I was running the new OS & and now I can't find it because RIM pulled the official version. It was running great until Yelp screwed me up. What a pain
    10-01-09 05:50 PM
    I got the 552 error a few times. Once when installing Audible...I did a complete OS reinstall. Another time when updating BBFileScout...I had found posts about using DM to remove the last app to try to fix and it worked. I got it one other time and the last time I was forced to do a complete OS reinstall but can't remember now which app it happened with. The DM removal of the app just wouldn't work.

When I reloaded my software I left Viigo off. I have not had the 552 error since removing Viigo from my Tour. and I've installe and uninstalled quite a few things since.

I'm not saying it's Viigo's fault, but I find it suspicious that I was getting the error until I removed it. Also, someone else started a thread a while back trying to narrow the issue down and they were definitely suspecting Viigo as well.

So after the
    10-01-09 07:20 PM
    I got the same message after attempting to download Viigo. After reloading my blackberry I took the risk and tried Viigo again and it ended up doing the same. Meanwhile I downloaded other apps so I'm pretty sure it's Viigo that fried my blackberry. Don't really know why though because I tried Viigo once before and uninstalled it.
    10-02-09 09:57 AM
    i got the 552 death screen yesterday..... i dont mind doing a clean wipe and restore but i'm afraid of losing my entire contacts/phonebook. is there a way to recover my contacts before restoring?
    10-02-09 04:11 PM
    Wow...huh...never had a problem with Viigo. Downloaded the full version when I got my Tour and heard about people having issues so I uninstalled. I've also had the Lite version now for about 2 weeks or so with no probs (running the original OS)

10-02-09 04:24 PM
    No problems ever with viigo. Twitextreme and opera 5 mini have both given me the error. To this day I still can't install either of them. Using the stock .40 firmware, never upgraded.
    10-02-09 05:41 PM
    any way to pull contacts before a re-install of the OS?
    10-02-09 05:43 PM
    great!!!..... now my PC wont detect my BB AT ALL!!! this is just a big bowl of crap
    10-02-09 06:08 PM
    great!!!..... now my PC wont detect my BB AT ALL!!! this is just a big bowl of crap
    You can reinstall the OS with a 552 error even if your PC does not SEEM to recognize your BB. I called VZW customer support and got a very helpful tech who walked me through it. I don't recall the exact details but you basically begin loading the OS with the BB connected but the battery out and then insert the battery and wait for a boot up before continuing.

In any event, 552 requires OS reinstall.. might want to upgrade to 5.0.0.230. Never had a 552 on that OS.
    10-02-09 08:02 PM
    so you know he said vlingo not viigo there 2 tottaly differnt programs
    10-02-09 09:07 PM
    MeterBerry 552'd my Tour twice.

10-02-09 09:32 PM
    Since upgrading to 5.0, not one brick!
    10-02-09 11:20 PM
    I installed Vling on my Tour with no worries at all. The people @ Handango had to change the device i.d. pin and then re-downloaded and works great!
    Last edited by tomemail; 10-03-09 at 12:03 AM.
    10-02-09 11:56 PM
    well, I am back to report that even with Viigo removed I just got the freaking 552 error. Installing RIM's Ticketmaster app. I'm beyond pissed off because it didn't show up in the applications menu after the install, so I did a battery pull and then got the 552 error. DM and Apploader do not see it so I can't remove it. Tried to remove the last 2 apps before that one and reboot but it didn't work.

I'm going to have to do a freaking complete OS wipe and reinstall and I agree with the other poster that it blows because it takes for freaking ever to get all the crap set back up.

Yeah...I'm angry.
    Last edited by French; 10-03-09 at 08:05 AM.
    10-03-09 08:00 AM
    Having suffered through 10 or so 552 errors I am convinced that it isn't with a particular application, but some bug with the 4.7 OS. I can install/remove apps all day long on 5.0 and not have an issue. But on 4.7 one time I can install an app and it works fine, after the next OS reload install the same app and get a 552 error.
    10-03-09 08:14 AM
    Yep the error is something to do with the OS. I think this is maybe my 12 or 13th time bricking the phone... now I find out it's because of Poynt. This is so frustrating...
    10-16-09 09:55 PM
    Can anyone else confirm this? I have the latest Viigo News/Lite running for a few weeks now w/ no problems.
    yep, i have the lite one on mine too. works like a charm. the two things that bricked my phone was the myspace fiasco where the icon wouldn't show. i kept redownloading it and i think that made my phone mad. the second time was with the bbm 5 so i'm not downloading that crap again until i get os 5 officially.
    10-18-09 10:54 AM
    Vlingo loaded and works great on my tour. I have no problems so far.
    10-18-09 11:35 AM
    Vlingo loaded and works great on my tour. I have no problems so far.

Same here, I've been using Vlingo Plus for almost a month. I haven't had a problem yet. Works flawlessly.

I hope everyone in this thread realizes that there is a difference between Viigo and Vlingo.
    10-18-09 12:14 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD