I"ve searched the forums, it's gotta be somewhere. But I'll ask again: How do you find out what apps are running in the background. I've tried holding the BB key. The I tried holding down the alt and the del keys...no luck. Is there a sequence of keys that will let me know what apps are running in the background. Thanks in advance.
    07-01-09 08:18 PM
    Either by pressing Alt + Back key (hold alt key down and release back key.) or while on the application screen by pressing Menu > Switch Application

If you use Alt + Back to check the applications, releasing the Alt key will open the app that is highlighted at the time.
    07-01-09 08:21 PM
    To add to Kasi's post...

There will be five apps that will always stay on that screen. These would include: Browser, Call Log, Messages, BBM and Homescreen. Just make sure to close out of them anyways.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-09 08:26 PM
    To add to Kasi's post...

There will be five apps that will always stay on that screen. These would include: Browser, Call Log, Messages, BBM and Homescreen. Just make sure to close out of them anyways.

I have Push to Talk, Browser, BBM, Home Screen, Messages, SmrtGuard, and Phone. How can I completely close out Push to Talk (I don't even use this app), Messages, and SmrtGuard?
    07-01-09 10:54 PM
    Push to Talk and SmrtGuard are forced by Sprint/Nextel to be on that screen, just like how MyFaves is forced on my TMO phone.

But as stated before, if they are on that screen, there's no way of getting them off of there.

07-01-09 11:01 PM
    Push to Talk and SmrtGuard are forced by Sprint/Nextel to be on that screen, just like how MyFaves is forced on my TMO phone.

But as stated before, if they are on that screen, there's no way of getting them off of there.

I'm on AT&T
    07-01-09 11:07 PM
    Hmmm, that's strange!

07-01-09 11:10 PM
    PTT will always be there on ATT. SmrtGuard was never on my ATT BB, not sure what the deal with that is.

07-02-09 06:17 AM
    PTT will always be there on ATT. SmrtGuard was never on my ATT BB, not sure what the deal with that is.

I just thought of something,,,Could SmrtGuard be running in the background because I have it set up where it automatically does a full backup at a specified time?
    07-02-09 08:42 AM
    That certainly sounds like it could be! If you have it set to "auto" do anything, it is probably running in the background...like Twitter updates and Viigo updates. Can you try closing SmartGuard and manually scheduling a backup at a certain time each day? (I know, kinda defeats the purpose, I suppose but that may be the only way to actually CLOSE it).

Someone will correct me if I misspoke. I hope this will help you.
    07-02-09 11:10 AM
    I turned the autobackup on smartguard off and it's still in the apps screen so that's not it
    07-02-09 11:16 AM
    Its going to have to be running because if you turn it off it's useless then.. So that makes sense
    07-02-09 11:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD