Hi all,

Yesterday I upgraded my phone to official ATnT 4.x.x.304 version, and after upgrading, all my applications in the download folder went in a BLUE SQUARED icon stating at the bottom that the "App XYZ (archived)"

When I clicked it, it gave two options. "Restore" or "Cancel". When I click "Restore" it just does nothing, but hangs the device. And that process remains running in the list of tasks running on the phone.

I need help to bring my phone back to normal

Please help. Thanks.
    11-19-09 06:59 AM
    I never backup my apps with this feature nor have used it.

But ...... can you copy the Folder the archive folder to your PC?

Is the folder name the PIN number of your phone?

If yes and yes .... then all you would need to try is copy the folder to the PC, like your desktop. Then open up DM the manager for Blackberry and then go to Adding Apps and choose browse and choose the Folder and then the apps will all be installed ... poof your all done.

Now if this works.... cool.... it if don't i am out of ideas.

For the future Backup your 3rd party Apps ... the right way, well the way all should do it and that is the way of .... reading on how to back up 3rd party apps ... search for it on this Bulletin Board.
    11-19-09 07:09 AM
    hi Xamdam,

I didnt really opt for backup. I just updated the OS. IS it something that the OS would do inherently?

Basically, I am not a geek so I just install the BB apps from app world in a "Downloads" folder
    And this time I went, and I saw "Bloomberg mobile (Archived)" - what am I supposed to do?

Where is the Archive folder exactly? I havent tried connecting to PC yet.

Thanks.
    11-19-09 08:34 AM
    I had the same thing happen. I do back up my 3rd party apps but when I updated the OS it automatically created these archives. I have the same issue with non-responsiveness, but hitting the hangup/power button seems to back out of the failed "restore" option. You can reload your apps but then these archive icons are stuck unless you hide them or move to another folder. Would like to know how this is supposed to work and how to get there from here.
    11-19-09 12:02 PM
    Archived = apps from BB App World that have been deleted from the device, not through App World.

11-19-09 12:16 PM
    Archived = apps from BB App World that have been deleted from the device, not through App World.

Reinstalling from App World does remove the "archive" icon on the home screen. It seems kind of buggy though. In multiple cases I had to first delete the app in App World and then Reinstall (as opposed to the "restore" menu option). Would be nice if the "restore" option from the icons worked, but looks like working from App World will suffice this time. Thanks for the help.
    11-19-09 12:46 PM
    go into appworld, then myworld, then while holding alt, press r, s, t
    11-19-09 07:48 PM
    click each one and hit restore, back out to the home screen and then do a battery pull and they should dissapear. i had this problem aslo and clicking restore and then a battery pull worked for me
    11-19-09 08:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD