Ok so yesterday i purchased AppLock for my BB. Didn't foresee any problems because it was working fine. I wanted to password protect my media files (I later learned that AppLock only hides them, can't pw protect them) so I check-marked the whole SD card (not very smart, I know I know). So while it was "processing" everything, it froze and so I was like crap, I'm gonna have to do a battery pull cus its not responding whatsoever. So i reset the phone and when it restarted, everything had disappeared. My pics/music/etc. After a little detective work I figured out what happened and I read somewhere here in the forum that you can just rename some of the files to their original extension (ex: .jpg, .mp3) so no longer worried about my memory card files. HOWEVER, whenever I go to my files and try to un-hide the folder that is named "Blackberry," it wont let me. Everything else i can un-hide and rename to get the original file back, but just that one folder wont let me. I have since uninstalled AppLock from my phone. Any suggestions?
    03-28-11 10:15 AM
    Go to applock application, unlock and relock and u should get everything back. Same thing happened to me. Different circumstances. Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-11 12:04 PM
    Thanks but I already tried that a few times. Like two of those times, I would reset the phone after unchecking the box, and when it would start up, the pictures would be back. But after say, 10 minutes, they would become hidden files again.
    03-28-11 12:07 PM
    If you have everything you want to keep renamed and your PC can read the files, copy them to your desktop. Then delete everything on the card, unplug your device and reformat the memory card through the menu. Afterwards plug your device back in and restore the files you want.

IAmNotWillieB likes this.
    03-28-11 01:15 PM
    how do i reformat? i can do that via my computer also cant i? and if i reformat, what will happen to everything that was in the "Blackberry" folder?
    03-28-11 03:45 PM
    how do i reformat? i can do that via my computer also cant i? and if i reformat, what will happen to everything that was in the "Blackberry" folder?
    It's preferable to do it while it's in the BlackBerry, that cuts down the chances of something not going right, like reformatting. You can do it with your PC if you'd rather.

Anything you have on there will be deleted either way, which is why I mentioned saving the contents to your PC first.

03-28-11 04:07 PM
    ok then. and sorry to sound repetitive but how exactly do i reformat? i know you said something about the menu but you lost me
    03-28-11 09:44 PM
    When you put the SD card into the computer (or plug the phone in and select usb mass storage mode), go to My Computer and right click on the SD card folder that appears and click Format. That will wipe your SD card clean. Like genomos said, copy the contents to somewhere on your computer (i.e. desktop) before formatting so you can transfer files back to it afterwards.

IAmNotWillieB likes this.
    03-28-11 10:01 PM
    ok thanks!
    03-28-11 10:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD