Surely an app exists for this? Any ideas?
    02-13-10 11:18 AM
    You can go to Options>Security Options>Firewall and check BlackBerry Internet Service and/or Enterprise email.
    02-13-10 11:23 AM
    You can go to Options>Security Options>Firewall and check BlackBerry Internet Service and/or Enterprise email.
    Was after something more automated, almost an auto-profile switch i guess. Even if it disabled the beep and red star, that would be great
    02-13-10 11:29 AM
    You could create a profile that turns off all alerts and then download the automatic profile switcher app (I can't remember the name) and have it switch to that on weekends.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-10 02:55 PM
    nm1k0 - that sounds like what I'm after, hopefully someone here will know the name?
    02-14-10 05:09 AM
    I'm sorry I don't know the name of the app your looking for, if it's free or paid. But just set up a "weekend" profile. The profiles are easy to get to, and it will only need to be changed twice a week. If it's free great, but I wouldn't spend a few dollars on something that would save me 30 seconds out of my week.
    02-14-10 05:17 AM
    Can a Weekend profile prevent new message notifications on the screen?
    02-14-10 05:42 AM
    There are two PROFILE switchers, Ring Scheduler and Profiler. They both function similarly - changing the sounds/vibs when alerts occurs. Neither stops the visual alert shown on the home screen - so if your curiosity requires you to open email when visually alerted - you are stuck!!!!

You could schedule an alarm and manually close your data connection (I don't think that stops text). You can log to the BIS site (if you are bis) and stop forwarding email. Tedious process - well, not tedious but a pain.
    02-14-10 09:19 AM
    I believe there is an app called something like "save the weekend" or something similar. I have not checked it out but I recall that it would enable you to prevent getting notified of new emails, and possibly even send an automated response until Monday morning.....
    02-14-10 10:32 AM
    Thanks dancing-bass - there is a "save the weekend" app, but it delays sending of emails, not receipt of emails.
    02-14-10 10:37 AM
    Profiler was the one I was thinking of.
    02-14-10 12:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD