Well, I'm glad some folks have access to ARM, but I'm getting very frustrated.
    In Options > Device, I have no item for ARM, as is shown above. The ARM icon is on my home screen, but it doesn't do anything when I try to select it.

One last thought - is ARM functional on all OS7.1 versions, or only updates? I am still running the original Verizon v7.1.0.163.
    Hey Coach Bill,

I am not sure if ARM will work with the OS you are running - I am running 7.1.0.391 and ARM functions fine. You should be able to launch ARM from the ARM icon. Some things to note:

Only people who are running the very latest 7.1s (which include ARM) will see it under OPTIONS - those of us running earlier 7.1s who have downloaded ARM will see it under

Once you can launch ARM and the application is open, to get it running properly do the following:

1) Make sure "Turn on Application Resource Monitor" is ticked

2) Tick "Automatically shutdown background draining applications" IF YOU WANT IT TO DO SO (personally, I do not have this ticked)

3) On your keyboard, push and hold the ATL key and then the SHIFT key (to lock the keyboard to upper case) - they type FLTR.

4) Now, you should see some additional fields appear at the bottom of the screen - one labeled WAKEUP THRESHOLD and one labeled STARTUP DELAY. I am not totally sure what these do - but when I first started using ARM, I also was finding it "did nothing" - once I set both of the above to their minimum values, ARM starting finding apps that were draining.

5) I also ticked IGNORE TRANSIENT ACTIVITY to avoid getting too many random alerts - you can try it either way and see what happens.

I hope this helps - again, I don't understand why clicking the ARM icon does not launch it for you - you might try uninstalling and re-installing to see if that solves that problem. RIM does not specify any particular version of 7.1 that is required, so from an OS standpoint theoretically you are good to go (but not for certain . . . )
    wolfee48 and Coach Bill like this.
    09-03-12 09:37 AM
    I have some improvements with ARM this morning.

I noticed the ARM icon on my notification bar with the number 1 but i dont have any apps opened except for the ones that are always opened which are bbm,home,phone,browser and messages.

Can anyone tell me whats going on? and how do i get rid of that notification ?

Well, BeBuzz isn't working anymore. I think ARM has shut it down. Can anyone confirm this?
    Last edited by Formeriphonepredroiduser; 09-03-12 at 11:01 AM.
    09-03-12 10:59 AM
    I have some improvements with ARM this morning.

I noticed the ARM icon on my notification bar with the number 1 but i dont have any apps opened except for the ones that are always opened which are bbm,home,phone,browser and messages.

Can anyone tell me whats going on? and how do i get rid of that notification ?

Well, BeBuzz isn't working anymore. I think ARM has shut it down. Can anyone confirm this?
    Will it let you open the notification? If so, it will tell you what it shut down. Even though the open app banner shows nothing other than the ordinary, if could have shut something down in the background.

Edit:
    It most likely shutdown BeBuzz on you.
    Last edited by dustanh; 09-03-12 at 11:07 AM.
    09-03-12 11:03 AM
    Will it let you open the notification? If so, it will tell you what it shut down. Even though the open app banner shows nothing other than the ordinary, if could have shut something down in the background.
    It doesn't let me open the notification, but i can open the ARM icon from all the apps and when i do open it, it doesnt let me know which app has been shutdown. I'm assuming its BeBuzz, since its not working anymore.

Actually, i had a theme on that wouldnt let me open the notification so i changed my theme to the default one and i can open it now!

It says BerryBuzz has been shut down.
    Last edited by Formeriphonepredroiduser; 09-03-12 at 11:09 AM.
    wolfee48 likes this.
    09-03-12 11:06 AM
    It doesn't let me open the notification, but i can open the ARM icon from all the apps and when i do open it, it doesnt let me know which app has been shutdown. I'm assuming its BeBuzz, since its not working anymore.

Actually, i had a theme on that wouldnt let me open the notification so i changed my theme to the default one and i can open it now!

It says BerryBuzz has been shut down.
    There you go! Isn't it annoying when other themese don't allow you to open notifications? That is why I stick to themes that do allow it. You should look into Advance OS & LED. It does the same thing as BerryBuzz and ARM doesn't shut it down. AOS & LED is small and not a resource hog.
    09-03-12 11:17 AM
    Thanks. Now if only I could get the darn app to work. I've just about given up and will hope it works when I get time to install latest upgrade (currently running v.7.1.0.163 and ARM will not work).
    09-04-12 08:40 AM
    Hey Coach Bill,

I am not sure if ARM will work with the OS you are running - I am running 7.1.0.391 and ARM functions fine. You should be able to launch ARM from the ARM icon. Some things to note:

Only people who are running the very latest 7.1s (which include ARM) will see it under OPTIONS - those of us running earlier 7.1s who have downloaded ARM will see it under

Once you can launch ARM and the application is open, to get it running properly do the following:

1) Make sure "Turn on Application Resource Monitor" is ticked

2) Tick "Automatically shutdown background draining applications" IF YOU WANT IT TO DO SO (personally, I do not have this ticked)

3) On your keyboard, push and hold the ATL key and then the SHIFT key (to lock the keyboard to upper case) - they type FLTR.

4) Now, you should see some additional fields appear at the bottom of the screen - one labeled WAKEUP THRESHOLD and one labeled STARTUP DELAY. I am not totally sure what these do - but when I first started using ARM, I also was finding it "did nothing" - once I set both of the above to their minimum values, ARM starting finding apps that were draining.

5) I also ticked IGNORE TRANSIENT ACTIVITY to avoid getting too many random alerts - you can try it either way and see what happens.

I hope this helps - again, I don't understand why clicking the ARM icon does not launch it for you - you might try uninstalling and re-installing to see if that solves that problem. RIM does not specify any particular version of 7.1 that is required, so from an OS standpoint theoretically you are good to go (but not for certain . . . )
    Thanks, Don_Henry. I have tried uninstall/reinstall, with no luck. I've given up for now. Hopefully ARM will work when I get around to installing latest upgrade.
    09-04-12 08:44 AM
    Thanks. Now if only I could get the darn app to work. I've just about given up and will hope it works when I get time to install latest upgrade (currently running v.7.1.0.163 and ARM will not work).
    Heh, it would be easier to install a late OS with the trouble you've had.

The beneifts of a later OS compared to .163 are great, so ARM will be one of your least things you'll appreciate
    wolfee48 and Coach Bill like this.
    09-04-12 08:55 AM
    Heh, it would be easier to install a late OS with the trouble you've had.

The beneifts of a later OS compared to .163 are great, so ARM will be one of your least things you'll appreciate
    Thanks. Now I just gotta find some free time.......
    09-05-12 05:44 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD