What is the Application Resource Monitor supposed to do?
    I downloaded this morning.
    Nothing happens when I try to run the application by selecting the icon.
    When I go into Application Manager, it says the app isn't running and and has never been used.
    I am using Bold 9930 with OS 7.1.0 Bundle 457.
    08-30-12 09:14 AM
    All the info you need is here: Application Resource Monitor now available to download for all BlackBerry 7.1 devices.

It runs in the background and you won't notice until is shuts down an app. Open a few apps on your device and let your device sit idle, it should shut down some. It may or may not shut down all the open apps, depends on if the app is a resource hog. Some of my apps have been closed in as soon as a couple minutes by ARM.
    Last edited by dustanh; 08-30-12 at 09:32 AM.
    08-30-12 09:26 AM
    It monitors for background apps that are sitting idle not being used which are taking up memory and using battery.

If you had an app open that you wasn't using, after a while, App resource manager will alert you the first time & ask if you want it to ignore that particular app on in the background from then on or to close it, when open in the future.
    Last edited by Ben1232; 08-30-12 at 09:34 AM.
    wolfee48 and Coach Bill like this.
    08-30-12 09:31 AM
    All the info you need is here: Application Resource Monitor now available to download for all BlackBerry 7.1 devices.

It runs in the background and you won't notice until is shuts down an app. Open a few apps on your device and let your device sit idle, it should shut down some. It may or may not shut down all the open apps, depends on if the app is a resource hog. Some of my apps have been closed in as soon as a couple minutes by ARM.
    Thank You!
    wolfee48 likes this.
    08-30-12 10:31 AM
    It monitors for background apps that are sitting idle not being used which are taking up memory and using battery.

If you had an app open that you wasn't using, after a while, App resource manager will alert you the first time & ask if you want it to ignore that particular app on in the background from then on or to close it, when open in the future.
    Thank You!
    08-30-12 10:31 AM

I opened 8 aps (BeWeather, ScoreMobile, Poynt, Wunderlist, Flixster, BlackBerry Travel, Pageone & BlackBerry Traffic), left them running and nothing happened. I have serious doubts that this app is functioning.
    08-31-12 01:09 PM
    I opened 8 aps (BeWeather, ScoreMobile, Poynt, Wunderlist, Flixster, BlackBerry Travel, Pageone & BlackBerry Traffic), left them running and nothing happened. I have serious doubts that this app is functioning.
    Is it turned on?

Go to options and then start typing Application Resource Monitor.
    08-31-12 01:23 PM
    Is it turned on?

Go to options and then start typing Application Resource Monitor.
    This is back to my original question. I don't see any way to turn this on.
    1) Selecting the icon on home screen does nothing.
    2) Options/Application Management/Application Properties says "Not Running Now" and indicates that it was never used.
    09-02-12 09:01 AM
    This is back to my original question. I don't see any way to turn this on.

1) Selecting the icon on home screen does nothing.

2) Options/Application Management/Application Properties says "Not Running Now" and indicates that it was never used.

It will never say it was used. I don't have an icon for ARM. Go to device options. Type AP... And ARM is second item down.

Here is what it looks like:

ARM only works when the device is idle and backlight is off. It does not shutdown every app that is running, only high resource hogs.

Feeding my CrackBerry addiction with Tapatalk�
    09-02-12 10:55 AM
    It will never say it was used. I don't have an icon for ARM. Go to device options. Type AP... And ARM is second item down.

Click to view quoted image

ARM only works when the device is idle and backlight is off. It does not shutdown every app that is running, only high resource hogs.

I will try this now.

I will have my BB on idle and have some high resourcing apps turned on.
    09-02-12 11:04 AM
    I will try this now.

I will have my BB on idle and have some high resourcing apps turned on.

Remember, the device has to be idle. Not being used whatsoever. Give it a few minutes. One of my apps shutsdown within 2 minutes.

09-02-12 11:15 AM
    Remember, the device has to be idle. Not being used whatsoever. Give it a few minutes. One of my apps shutsdown within 2 minutes.

I've had my BB idle for over 5mins with slacker radio playing and BerryBuzz on.

Nothing is happening.
    09-02-12 11:28 AM
    Hmm, it's right in Options->Device for me...

09-02-12 11:29 AM
    Damn it!

I've tried everything and i can't get it to work.

It's installed on my BB and i can open ARM but it just won't shut down any apps at all.

I'll just keep ARM, until there is a fix.
    09-02-12 11:37 AM
    Frankly, I've never had it complain about BeBuzz. I suspect that maybe if you leave BeBuzz' UI running it might, but why one would do that I don't know...

I have had it complain about GasBuddy and ScoreMobile. Google Maps once. But once they're on the ignore list, I'm fine...

ScoreMobile doesn't surprise me. They rolled their own UI and I would say it's FAR from optimized.
    09-02-12 11:45 AM
    Damn it!

I've tried everything and i can't get it to work.

It's installed on my BB and i can open ARM but it just won't shut down any apps at all.

I'll just keep ARM, until there is a fix.

It may not shutdown those apps. Try opening a game and let it sit idle. It shutsdown Angry Pigs (for my step-son), Tapatalk, and PatternLock after it is idle in my holster for an hour or so.

09-02-12 11:45 AM

There is an icon for ARM on my home screen, but is doesn't do anything when I try to select it.
    There is no ARM option in Options > Device.
    VERY FRUSTRATED!!!!
    09-03-12 07:34 AM
    Hmm, it's right in Options->Device for me...

Well, I'm glad some folks have access to ARM, but I'm getting very frustrated.
    In Options > Device, I have no item for ARM, as is shown above. The ARM icon is on my home screen, but it doesn't do anything when I try to select it.

One last thought - is ARM functional on all OS7.1 versions, or only updates? I am still running the original Verizon v7.1.0.163.
    09-03-12 07:41 AM

dustanh, I see you are running v7.1.0.580.
    Is ARM functional on all OS7.1 versions, or only updates? I am still running the original Verizon v7.1.0.163.
    09-03-12 07:48 AM
    I now have the opposite problem. My ARM won't stop alerting me for Email ++ that keeps popping up in the background.

I keep clicking "close in future" & it keeps coming back.

My bb reboots whilst I'm sleeping so wonder if this somehow resets the saved settings of just that app.
    09-03-12 07:51 AM
    BlackBerry Application Resource Monitor: First Take | ZDNet

Credit to Mawil1013 for finding this.
    Coach Bill likes this.
    09-03-12 08:07 AM
    dustanh, I see you are running v7.1.0.580.
    Is ARM functional on all OS7.1 versions, or only updates? I am still running the original Verizon v7.1.0.163.
    Good question. I didn't think about that. I would try updating your OS to the latest version. ARM is already integrated in the OS so there is no need to download it.

I now have the opposite problem. My ARM won't stop alerting me for Email ++ that keeps popping up in the background.

I keep clicking "close in future" & it keeps coming back.

My bb reboots whilst I'm sleeping so wonder if this somehow resets the saved settings of just that app.
    I have Email++ as well and ARM has never shut it down. That is indeed odd. Maybe it is some of the Email++ settings. Do you have any settings set under visibility?
    09-03-12 08:40 AM
    I have Email++ as well and ARM has never shut it down. That is indeed odd. Maybe it is some of the Email++ settings. Do you have any settings set under visibility?
    Just checked & lots were ticked I've cleared the list and will start again.
    09-03-12 08:46 AM
    Just checked & lots were ticked I've cleared the list and will start again.
    All of mine were ticked... so that may not be the issue. I can't see any other settings that would make ARM do that. Do you have items in your blocked email list?
    Last edited by dustanh; 09-03-12 at 09:19 AM.
    09-03-12 08:53 AM
    All of mine were ticked... so that may not be the issue. I can't see any other settings that would make ARM do that. Do you have itmes in your blocked email list?
    I don't, no. Email ++ only pops up in the app changer a couple of times in 24 hours. It doesn't bother me, just wondered why it keeps popping up.
    09-03-12 09:11 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD