Hi All
    Im a BB virgin and just hoping to get a little advice before turning a second device into a paperweight.

The Backstory
    Got new BB Curve 8900, all data transfered from imate sweet as pie, brave the app world and choose to install amaze gps. SO; I DL the file to PC, connect up to DM 4.7, make a backup (thank GOD!), run app mgr and install it. It does also tell me that it will remove the nordic language support (to which I think woteva!) but all seems successful. I didn't try the app or anything because while in app mgr I see a whole stack of language support so I think hey, I want my app space for useful stuff and I'm not learning chinese any time soon, lets uncheck all those boxes and remove it all.
    Midway through this process it seems to stall, I get App Error 200 on the screen. Only thing to do is reboot both PC and BB. PC is fine but BB continues to display the error. PC wont even detect it when connected to be able to restore or do anything.
    I fly into the store I bought it from in a panic, they replace it, I restore from my backup and all is well again.
    HOWEVER
    I still want to install amaze gps and now have no idea which part of the process above broke the BB!
    I now have DM 5.0 and it still wants me to remove the nordic languages (or if I tick the boxes to force the action to none, it errors).
    I am just in a panic that I will kill it again!

Some info that may be relevant
    BB DM Version 5.0.0.11
    BB Platform Version 4.2.0.85
    BB Application Version 4.6.1.133

Any thoughts, suggestions or advice is greatly appreciated.
    07-20-09 11:31 PM
    Hi All
    Im a BB virgin and just hoping to get a little advice before turning a second device into a paperweight.

The Backstory
    Got new BB Curve 8900, all data transfered from imate sweet as pie, brave the app world and choose to install amaze gps. SO; I DL the file to PC, connect up to DM 4.7, make a backup (thank GOD!), run app mgr and install it. It does also tell me that it will remove the nordic language support (to which I think woteva!) but all seems successful. I didn't try the app or anything because while in app mgr I see a whole stack of language support so I think hey, I want my app space for useful stuff and I'm not learning chinese any time soon, lets uncheck all those boxes and remove it all.
    Midway through this process it seems to stall, I get App Error 200 on the screen. Only thing to do is reboot both PC and BB. PC is fine but BB continues to display the error. PC wont even detect it when connected to be able to restore or do anything.
    I fly into the store I bought it from in a panic, they replace it, I restore from my backup and all is well again.
    HOWEVER
    I still want to install amaze gps and now have no idea which part of the process above broke the BB!
    I now have DM 5.0 and it still wants me to remove the nordic languages (or if I tick the boxes to force the action to none, it errors).
    I am just in a panic that I will kill it again!

Some info that may be relevant
    BB DM Version 5.0.0.11
    BB Platform Version 4.2.0.85
    BB Application Version 4.6.1.133

Any thoughts, suggestions or advice is greatly appreciated.
    First thing that comes to mind is at the top of your post you mention you're running DM 4.7, then below you say 5.0. If you are in fact using DM 4.7, that might be your problem to begin with. I would suggest using DM 4.6, as it is well known to be bug free unlike 4.7, and 5.0 is still too new to make it predictable and stable.

Try DM 4.6 and see if that does it.
    07-20-09 11:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD