Does anyone have experience with this type of "insurance"? I was looking at the TrackIt: Vehicle Edition because it does exactly what I want out of an application and am willing to spend money for something that does exactly what I want.
    However, at the checkout it asks (actually the default setting puts it in there) if I want download insurance for 4.99. Normally, whenever someone wants to sell me insurance I instantly lose respect for anything that comes out their mouth afterwards. But since I'm new to the blackberry experience I was wondering what others' opinions were on this service.
    06-06-08 08:09 PM
    Does anyone have experience with this type of "insurance"? I was looking at the TrackIt: Vehicle Edition because it does exactly what I want out of an application and am willing to spend money for something that does exactly what I want.
    However, at the checkout it asks (actually the default setting puts it in there) if I want download insurance for 4.99. Normally, whenever someone wants to sell me insurance I instantly lose respect for anything that comes out their mouth afterwards. But since I'm new to the blackberry experience I was wondering what others' opinions were on this service.
    Ya great question sultan as i was wondering that myself when i purchased empower pro the other day!
    06-06-08 08:16 PM
    I got asked the same question when i ordered BBAlerts from handango. I just removed it as i figure once its downloaded to my phone whats there to insure?? Maybe it's for transferring the license to another device?
    06-06-08 09:01 PM
    Handango used to never charge this and honestly its right up there with snake oil salesmen. Handango is making money off of something that is not a) benefiting the developer and b) they really should be doing especially if the developer offers free updates. The insurance is simply a way of letting you download the app again later if you lose your copy, but just back it up and save the cash.

Try buying from Crackberry.com which is partnered with MobiHand and they do NOT charge this fee. Its not like its $4 per order, it $4 per app which is a rip off given the high price of apps today anyways.

I always look to order from a developers site and often times they will still go through Handango to complete the transaction. I look to see if if their trial is a full version that you can get the code for later at say Handango this way I can get the updates from the developer without dealing with Handango.

Handango is the largest and they take the largest cut from the developers as well.
    06-06-08 09:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD