I dont want to set up a pay pal account. If they could just charge it to the phone bill like apples app store does they would have a lot more business. Or they could even do both. Right now im stuck downloading all the free stuff.
    04-16-09 04:32 PM
    They probably don't want to involve verizon (or the opposite). Verizon might want a larger portion of profits than paypal would. It would be nice though.
    04-16-09 04:35 PM
    The HUGE memory leak was my issue...
    YMMV
    04-16-09 04:35 PM
    Loads very slow !

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-09 04:39 PM
    Apple doesn't charge your phone bill..

04-16-09 04:40 PM
    Easy solution: Open a PayPal account.

It takes all of 5-10 minutes to setup.
    04-16-09 05:20 PM
    Apple doesn't charge your phone bill..

Does apple charge your credit card directly?
    04-16-09 05:47 PM
    Yeah. When you use itunes you set up your billing method I.e =credit/debit card.
    And when purchasing apps it uses that act...

04-16-09 05:51 PM
    i think it is a smart move cause you like this and buy it then you go i walso want this and buy it to then phone bill comes 500 big ones then you feel like a pos cause you bought a bunch of stuff you really didnt need to begin with
    04-16-09 05:57 PM
    I am feeling this!!!
    04-16-09 06:26 PM
    In an article posted earlier today, the RIM CEO said they planned to work with carriers.
    04-16-09 06:30 PM
    I agree. I wouldn't care if only they let you use a credit card. So if you could have a choice between credit card/debit card or paypal it would be perfect. I think they are losing money because I have to go through a paypal registration, vs just paying it on my phone bill or credit card

04-16-09 06:37 PM
    Well like it was said a few post up. Apple has you sign up an account andregister a credit/debit card. Its basically the same thing app world is doing just with a third party.

04-16-09 06:41 PM
    Yeah. When you use itunes you set up your billing method I.e =credit/debit card.
    And when purchasing apps it uses that act...

cool...i didn't know that..thanks.
    04-16-09 06:55 PM
    Its the opposite for me since I have no credit card its paypal or nothing

04-16-09 07:29 PM
    there was a article where the Co-CEO mentioned that bill to the phone might be added later on...
    04-16-09 07:33 PM
    You set up a credit card or checking account with Paypal and that's what gets charged. Pretty much the same as Apple.
    04-16-09 07:47 PM
    App World is still not available in Australia and I do not see why it is not.
    04-16-09 07:52 PM
    App World is still not available in Australia and I do not see why it is not.
    maybe canadians don't like australians... J/K
    04-16-09 08:01 PM
    Yeah real problem is the lack of knowing which device your using. i don't like

downloading a app wasting time to find it just works with a non touch bb.
    I think it does know which device you are using and has some filtering for compatibility. When using my wife's Curve, I can find and download Shazam, but when using my Storm it won't find Shazam.

They may not have all of the compatibility stuff perfect, but there is something at work there.
    04-16-09 08:24 PM
    Damn the Canadians...

Now I cannot watch Trailer Park Boys anymore either. lol
    04-16-09 08:44 PM
    i think they should do a update and have you just login to app world so u dont have to login to paypal everytime or u can store a credit card on app world to make it easier
    04-16-09 09:06 PM
    Imagine the frenzy that hackers will have with that.

I would not store any information to do with payment info on a phone ever...

Nothing is ever safe, but I would think that a phone has less security from hackers than a PC does...
    04-16-09 09:19 PM
    Imagine the frenzy that hackers will have with that.

I would not store any information to do with payment info on a phone ever...

Nothing is ever safe, but I would think that a phone has less security from hackers than a PC does...
    a phone maybe has less security... or any other PDA for that matter... but not the Blackberry!! there was numerous blog posts and articles that hackers were paid to try to hack into PDAs... they weren't successfull with blackberries...
    04-16-09 09:39 PM
    Two annoyances I have (only logged on from phone so don't know how desktop version of AW may be better) but I'd prefer access to 'new' apps, and top downloads of the week. Top 25 was stale 1 week in.

04-16-09 09:58 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD