I miss OTA installs; I can't be the only one around here.

App World is 1MB that I don't want to have just sitting on my phone for an occasional app download.

Sorry, just wanted to gripe quick. My favs are still OTA though (StormStat, StormLocker)
    06-16-10 12:50 PM
    App world is a joke.

I got rid of my BlackBerry a few months ago. For the year I had it, I recall not being able to find a working IRC or ssh app through app world.
    07-26-10 02:37 PM
    App world is a joke.

I got rid of my BlackBerry a few months ago. For the year I had it, I recall not being able to find a working IRC or ssh app through app world.
    These kinds of app probably didn't sell well enough there to make it worthwile.
    07-26-10 07:20 PM
    I would definitely buy anything through Mobihand before Crapworld.

Unfortunately there are a few things, like Dragon for email that aren't available at Mobihand. BBtweeps "liberates" some of them from Crapworld and makes the OTA links available at OTA Links for Blackberry - @BBtweeps

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-10 10:57 AM
    I miss OTA installs; I can't be the only one around here.

App World is 1MB that I don't want to have just sitting on my phone for an occasional app download.

Sorry, just wanted to gripe quick. My favs are still OTA though (StormStat, StormLocker)
    From what I've read, App World 2.0 will allow you to purchase directly from the website. I think this means you'd have to load the app using Desktop Manager, but this still means you won't need to install the on-device App World app.
    07-27-10 07:02 PM
    Hi,
    I dont think this is a case of transfer modailities - instead, it imho concerns the user base of MobiHand compared to App World
    07-29-10 07:45 AM
    I'd agree that if you are low on file free, having App World hanging around is a waste of space. I've got plenty of file free on my 9700, so it's not an issue. I only get free things from App World (no paypal account) and like the fact that app world keeps track of my downloads, so I can quickly download again if I need to.

I do all my purchasing from MobiHand. They keep track of your apps on-line. Handango does as well, but their site is a PITA.
    07-29-10 08:06 AM
    I use free apps. I like appworld because it notifies me of updates.
    07-29-10 09:51 AM
    I use free apps. I like appworld because it notifies me of updates.
    Ditto. I use Appworld for free apps and make my purchases through the crackberry app store.
    07-29-10 10:28 AM
    Same with me.
    07-29-10 10:39 AM
    probably shouldnt say this on a crackberry forum but, us developers lose out bigtime when you buy from crackberry instead of direct from mobihand

direct from mobihand is 20% to mobihand 80% to developer
    crackberry is 20% to crackberry 20% to mobihand 60% to developer

cant really complain tho i suppose as i think about 50% of my sales come thru crackberry, and i suppose if it wasnt there 50% of those would probably not know about mobihand
    07-30-10 05:32 AM
    And it helps to support the site. Best BB site going.
    07-30-10 07:34 AM
    I got an invite for crApp World 2.0 yesterday. I passed, and wrote them back and asked to be taken out of that program.
    07-30-10 07:52 AM
    These kinds of app probably didn't sell well enough there to make it worthwile.
    The ones I get off the android market are free and not ad supported.
    08-03-10 11:51 PM
    The ones I get off the android market are free and not ad supported.
    Go back to the Android Market and circle fap with the other trolls.

08-04-10 02:49 AM
    Seriously. How does the android post contribute to the blackberry discussion?
    08-04-10 07:31 AM
    Go back to the Android Market and circle fap with the other trolls.

It's a legitimate point.

Basic utilities like an ssh client should be easily found in the bb app world.

People like you keep the blackberry down. Pointing out flaws makes a platform better.
    08-04-10 07:46 AM
    nice..cool
    05-09-13 03:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD