Hi everyone,

I've looked through previous posts trying to find a solution to this problem, but no luck (so please let me know if I've missed it!). I am on a social networking plan (Curve 9300, Virgin Canada). I have the latest version of App World downloaded onto my device, but (obviously), cannot use it. The reason I have it is because I have downloaded apps with my phone connected to my computer, using the App World website. In any case, I just bought a PlayBook, and I am trying to download Blackberry Bridge. Whenever I try to download from the website, though, I get an error message that reads "An error has occurred communicating with the BlackBerry App World Web plugin. Please restart your device and try again. If you have content protection enabled on your device, please disable and try again.".

Now, I've done numerous re-connects, battery pulls, re-installing of App World, different browsers, etc. The App World forums told me that lots of people have experienced this error message, and when they downgraded, the problem went away. I have tried this, and the problem only worsened (I was not even able to hit "download"). I had no issues downloading the App World app (of course), but anything else just presents me with that message.

I should note that I have known about this issue for a while, but after trying to fix it/trying to get support directly from BlackBerry on the forums, I gave up. I don't have much use for apps on my phone, but I would like to be able to sync my PlayBook and my phone nonetheless.

Any ideas are appreciated!
    12-28-11 08:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD